Need Holster Help! G23

Need Holster Help! G23

This is a discussion on Need Holster Help! G23 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've put about 500 rounds through the new Glock over the last week and I'm extremely pleased with it and would like to start using ...

Thread: Need Holster Help! G23

Need Holster Help! G23

I've put about 500 rounds through the new Glock over the last week and I'm extremely pleased with it and would like to start using it as my EDC.

I'm going to order a Milt Sparks VM2, but the 20-26 week turn around time is forcing me to find a stand in for the next 6 months. I would like to avoid paying over $60-70 bucks for the temp since the primary will end up costing quite a bit... so... anyone have any recommendations that have a quick turn around time and pretty decent quality?

I've heard the IWB kydex rigs from Sidearmor are pretty decent, but I would like to get some opinions before throwing any money away.

Thanks!

btw.. every local gun shop I've checked is out of everything these days.. especially G19/23 holsters

For a temporary fix I would go with Galco, Don Hume, Uncle Mike's etc.. When I needed a temp fix I just googled "holsters" and went through them all. Most gun stores here in Phoenix are running dry. But if you buy off the net it might be a few days wait depending on shipping preferences. Hope it helps

Oh, Gunnersalley was where I found some choices as well.

I highly recommend the CTAC MTAC, but they are around $80, so that is more than you want to spend, and besides that if you got one you might just find out that you really like it! Then you would not need the Milt sparks???? Although, I don't think one can ever have too many holsters!

Crossbreed Supertuck - then you will not want the MS

If you want 3-5 week service of a quality leather holster, it's on this site.
    Go to 'Related Links' on top...
    Search out 'Holsters'...
    Find Fist holsters...
    They are a quality holster, reasonably priced, and you'll have it in less than a month and a half...

Stay armed...with Fist holsters...stay safe!

(I do not own stock in this company, just 2 dozen+ holsters.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DeSantis Scorpion IWB kydex IMO. I've been sort of eyeballing the Raven Concealment holsters as well since I love my Scorpion so well.
    Scorpion IWB Holster

The best and cheapest

It's like cooking... take one Glock OTB "Combat Holster" and chop chunks off it! The major area of reduction being at the top portion of the holster, at the front.

Your draw portion of the holster is reduced by 7/8" of an inch. So the muzzle clears the plastic 7/8s of an inch sooner, that is about 1/3 less, 33% is a big reduction. This reduction also allows you to feel the extractor with your trigger finger tip, you know there is a round in the chamber with the pistol securely holstered.

Even if all you do is cut the slot pins to fit your belt (in my case 1.5" belt) a Wilderness Instructor belt, the frequent flier model, no metal, it is a close fitting to the body holster, that weighs nothing.

Mine is used for every day carry, for my Glock 19 (ain't Florida Great?) and IDPA/IPSC.

Here's a new local guy who's talented and quick...

Pure Kustom Holsters main page
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Hi Sticky,

I have two holsters that might meet your need see my link below for my site.

IWB - Minimal Clip RH in natural 15 deg cant. Cost is $40 shipped 2-3 day Priority Mail.
    OWB - The Slide RH or LH in Bk 15 deg cant and 1.5" belt slots. Cost is $55 shipped 2-3 day Priority Mail.

Let me know.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Try the Don Hume PCCH, it's what I carry my 23 in. About $50.00
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links