Velcro???

Velcro???

This is a discussion on Velcro??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK so i'm looking at getting the Supertuck and one of the options is to attach it with velcro (of course getting a belt with ...

Thread: Velcro???

Velcro???

OK so i'm looking at getting the Supertuck and one of the options is to attach it with velcro (of course getting a belt with velcro in it as well). This seems crazy to me- wouldn't the velcro wear out after awhile like everything else i have that is velcro? Wouldn't the velcro that wasn't' attached to the holster grab my shirt? How could this be as strong as using good 'ol clips? anyone have this configuration and love it?

I have yet to see any velcro like loop and hook product that last for any significant time. I have never had a holster or belt that was held on with velcro. I have to keep replacing the velcro on my Leatherman case which is about 25 years old. I prefer leather holsters and belts myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NRATodd View Post
    Wouldn't the velcro that wasn't' attached to the holster grab my shirt? How could this be as strong as using good 'ol clips? anyone have this configuration and love it?
    I believe the "hook" side is on the holster and the "loop" side is on the belt, therefore it doesn't grab your shirt.

Will it hold as well as regular clips? No. Will it be much more concealed than regular clips? Yes.

Do I own one? No. But I'm very close to buying one with velcro--concealable is very important to me as I will be carrying in business attire.

By the way, replacement clips/hooks/velcro seem to be only about $10. They're easily to swap out if you don't like them or they wear out.

Food for thought.
    Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

I've used velcro clips & belt exclusively for over the past year and they've held up pretty well for daily wear. The only wear that I've noticed on the clips has been the velcro sliding a bit, but that can easily be fixed by using an additional adhesive and repositioning it on the clip or even going the Comp-tac way and stapling the velcro onto the clip so that it doesn't shift from use. The velcro itself hasn't lost any discernable stick. As far as weight support, I've never noticed a difference with standard clips or velcro ones. I do notice how visible the standard clips are even when tucked so I'll stick with the velcro ones. If they wear out in a few years then I'll get or make new ones as the concealability is worth it to me.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    I've used velcro clips & belt exclusively for over the past year and they've held up pretty well for daily wear. The only wear that I've noticed on the clips has been the velcro sliding a bit, but that can easily be fixed by using an additional adhesive and repositioning it on the clip or even going the Comp-tac way and stapling the velcro onto the clip so that it doesn't shift from use. The velcro itself hasn't lost any discernable stick. As far as weight support, I've never noticed a difference with standard clips or velcro ones. I do notice how visible the standard clips are even when tucked so I'll stick with the velcro ones. If they wear out in a few years then I'll get or make new ones as the concealability is worth it to me.
    Great blog.
    Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

As much as I hate to say it, velcro has come a long way. Quality stuff like the Army is using on their uniforms now holds up for a long time. My Wilderness belt is two years old and the velcro on it still works as well as ever. I wear it every day.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    The velcro on my drop leg rig has held up through 2 deployments. I figure it's quality stuff. Those mushroom style velcros really work well too.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Sponsored Links