2 Thumbs up to SIDE GUARD HOLSTERS

This is a discussion on 2 Thumbs up to SIDE GUARD HOLSTERS within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my SLIDE OWB for the xd9sc and a MINIMAL for my PT745. I can say that I am happy with both. Erik ...

Thread: 2 Thumbs up to SIDE GUARD HOLSTERS

2 Thumbs up to SIDE GUARD HOLSTERS

I just got my SLIDE OWB for the xd9sc and a MINIMAL for my PT745. I can say that I am happy with both. Erik does great work at a very reasonable price. The holster for the 45 is a single steel clip. I liked this, due to the fact that you can just grab it, clip on and go. Anyway, for the money, you cant go wrong. Lead times are 3 to 4 weeks.

slide and minimal.jpg slide and min w guns.jpg

Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

2. Remove Ads

im not sure how to make the pics larger other than right click and select -open link

How's the retention on the minimal? I carry a Bersa 380 in a bare asset by high noon and sometimes I worry about the gun working itself out of the holster. That's why I carry my PT145 in an MTAC because I get an audible click when I holster the gun. Is there any kind of trigger guard retention or something on the SGH?

Retention seems to be great. Its actually very tight since its brand new. I can hold the holster upside-down and shake the heck out of it. Its not going anywhere. Ive had cheaper holsters that the clip was too low, and didnt trust it. The back side has the guard on it also, and I also think at least a 15-20 degree cant gives the belt more surface area to tighten against that hold the gun in place. I was also worried that the clip might be too low and it might be top heavy, but no more worries.

Well, after wearing the "slide" a couple of days I am still satisfied. It holds my xd9sc close to the body. I was wearing the XD IWB, but that was just uncomfortable for me. I also bough a open top OWB Don Hume for the pt745 recently OWB. THe holsters are similair, but the SideGuard Holster tends to hold the gun closer to the body. I never thought I could wear a OWB with just a untucked shirt, but im doing it.

After talking to Erik just last night, I ordered a custom Slide with removeable clips so it can be worn either OWB or IWB. I also ordered a Snap and a single mag holder.

All for the Keltec P11's and all in black.

Lead time is 6 weeks for me. The prices are right and Ill post up on the quality and wearing then when they get here.

Im sure you will be happy. I recently got a KT P3at with a CT laser. Sweet little pistol. Mainly for pocket carry, but ive been looking around for a IWB holster. More than likely it will be a SGH Minimal. 6 weeks, sounds like alot of people are buying themselves christmas presents. My wife wont let buy anymore christmas presents for myself. stay safe

Nice pistols deserve that nicely 'boned' leather.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links