Lasermax

This is a discussion on Lasermax within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just wondering if someday I add a Lasermax to my HK P2000 SK if it will still fit in my holster. I'm looking to get ...

Thread: Lasermax

Lasermax

just wondering if someday I add a Lasermax to my HK P2000 SK if it will still fit in my holster. I'm looking to get a Supertuck or MTAC...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    The LaserMax that I have on my Glock21 is the guiderod type, and as such there in no visible difference in the gun.

Really, the only time you can even see it is when it is on. If you get the guiderod type, your holster will work.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The LaserMax that I have on my Glock21 is the guiderod type, and as such there in no visible difference in the gun.

Really, the only time you can even see it is when it is on. If you get the guiderod type, your holster will work.
    I have one on a Beretta 92. HotGuns is correct. It doesn't alter the fit of the gun in your holster at all .
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I'd be getting the rail mounting one though cause they don't make one for the guiderod for HK

If you are looking at a rail mounted laser and want to carry the weapon w/ the laser mounted, neither the SC or the MTAC will work in that application. You might be able to get the manufacturer to make you a custom rig, but I kinda doubt it. w/ the comp-tac but maybe craig at crossbreed might be able to if you were to send the laser to him. The real problem w/ the attached laser is that the holster generally needs to be engineered around it as the laser typically is larger than the surrounding pistol thus the holster is a little odd shaped. Take a look at some of the holsters that are designed for the various lights and you will see what i mean about the holster bulging the entire area behind the light allowing it to draw appropriately.

You might also try some of the custom leather holster companies as they might be able to rig something together for you.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

Well I had a problem with the Lasermax on my Sig and using Milt Sparks leather. Whenever I holstered the pistol, it would switch the Laser on. I contributed it to Milt Spark's exact detailing but it was an issue. I didnt experience that with other holsters but it bothered me enough to sell the lasermax. I prefer Crimson trace grips. I like the instant on with grip vs fumbling for the switch.

Links