Defensive Carry banner

Which do you prefer - Crossbreed SuperTuck or Milts Sparks VMII?

• Crossbreed SuperTuck

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Milt Sparks VMII

Votes: 25 58.1%

VMII Ordered - Get CBST During Wait?

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  TwinCarry 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I ordered the VMII on October 6 but I have been reading so much about the crossbreed that I am thinking about buying the crossbreed during the wait. The Sparks holster should be here no sooner than April. I currently smartcarry most of the time or use a Fobus strong side holster for my only pistol, a Glock 23. I do not own any IWB holsters. Other than the 2 mentioned holsters, I have a galco shoulder holster which I have only used twice in 3 years.

What do you all recommend? Should I just wait or should I order the crossbreed too? I also most feel stupid for spending $145 on a sparks holster PLUS getting a $70 crossbreed. Hell, I could have bought a new/used gun! I'm also afraid that I will like the Crossbreed so much that I wont wear the VMII. :eek:hmann:

I have need/want for a holster that has a quick draw and is concealable, thats why I am trying to get away from the smartcarry. OWB Fobus is not concealable. I already have the belt and the bigger pants for IWB but no holster. :aargh4:

Should I stick it out or get the crossbreed now?

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
:santaclaus:After years of trying everything else, I've settled on VM2's for every day carry. I have 'em for the 1911, S&W 65, 66 and 686, and another on order for my G19.

Currently, the Glock 19 lives in a Crossbreed Supertuck. IMO, the Supertuck is every bit as comfortable and concealable as the VM2. I can wear it for extended periods of time with absolutely zero discomfort, same as the VM2.

To tell you the truth, every time I wear the Crossbreed/G19 combo, I find myself wondering if I really NEED another VM2.

Crossbreed makes a darn fine product.

#5 ·
Couldn't hurt if the $70 doesn't hurt too much. I am a big fan of options. And you might even decide you like it better than the VM-2. If you do, just sell it off, it'll be gone to a good home in no time.

Two things, I recommend the "combat cut" on the Crossbreed (allows a full firing grip on drawing the weapon). And if you spent $140 on the VM-2, you must've gotten the HS (horeshide/shark) model ($135 + shipping). Purdy, I've got 2 of them. My favorites!

#8 ·
I say go for it...besides...you might need the different options...and one can be your "nice holster" and the other the "work holster" :image035:...well...at least that'd be my justification....and just to prove it...I've got a K&D thunderbird on order...should be here at the end of Feb, but until then I am enjoying the Supertuck...and will continue to use it even after the K&D gets here...different occasions call for different holsters :wink:

#11 ·
Go ahead and get the SuperTuck. Can you cancel your order for the other? 1/2 the money and really high quality= a great buy. I wear mine everyday and love the thing to death. It is one of my cheapest holsters, yet my favorite and I even find it more comfortable around the house than my OWB holsters due to I have 0 clearance issues when sitting, walking close to a wall, ect...

#14 ·
Had the same problem and query...

I ordered a VM2 late December '08 and suffered the same dilemma of what to do until May or June '09. After researching quite a bit, I purchased the Crossbreed, SuperTuck full cut horsehide, and subsequently cancelled my order for the VM2 - my EMP in the Crossbreed melted into my side and I cannot imagine anything could feel better than feeling nothing there at all! And for significantly less money with a lifetime guarantee.

#15 ·
I'm a VM-II devotee too and what I do is order them in the fall, then I get an OWB holster like the Galco Concealable that can be worn under a jacket/coat to hold me over till my VM-II arrives in the spring, just in time for warm weather. That way I don't end up with a holster that I won't use when the VM-II gets here. :wink:

#16 ·
Now that you've got the CrossBreed (yep :yup: read the posts guys, the OP already decided and bought it), once the VM2 gets to you in Spring, you will have arguably the two most popular IWB holsters on the market (based on my observations of recommendations made on various Forums I read). Best of both worlds if you ask me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.