Overall carry - Page 2

Overall carry

This is a discussion on Overall carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bellyband...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overall carry

Bellyband
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Are you looking for an option with no cover garment?

The reason I ask is I just came from a gun shop, and this big dude in overalls and an unzipped sweater struck up a conversation with me. About 20 seconds into the conversation, he pulls his sweater aside and shows me his Taurus .45 in a Fobus paddle holster. I know a lot of people don't like paddle holsters, but he said he doesn't use anything else. He was quite a character. Sure was proud of his holster and not shy about showing it off.

My guess is you are looking for a year-around option, and this probably won't help, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Y'all making it harder than need be, carried that way for a few years.

On good quality bib's mark the back side of the top pocket/watch pocket area, cut a good hard piece of leather or denim, have it sewn into the same stitching as shown on the front, install a GOOD QUALITY thumb snap IWB holster that uses snapped loops.

It centers it about mid chest, stance is pure and simple Good Ole Boy, hands inside bib's with thumbs hanging on sides.

Carried a Dick SPl, and a bobbed Model 60, no one knew it was there until they needed to.

Do those things have some sort of Southern sex appeal?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Do those things have some sort of Southern sex appeal?
    Don't make fun of the "Nebraska Tuxedo". A quick look at the posts here makes it look like you live South of most of us!
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Senior Moderator
    I know of one man that kept a.38 special in his top pocket, the one on the chest, as well as his leather wallet.

One day his meth headed ex son in law came to his house, ripped the door off the hinge and stuck a 10" Bowie knife in him, plunging the knife through his wallet and into his heart about 3" deep and threatened to kill his wife and daughter.

The man, staggering, retreived his .38 and shot his exSIL twice, once in the chin, which did nothing, and once dead center of the chest.

Both were taken to the E.R. The old man spent a few weeks in the hospital, it was said the the wallet stopped the knife enough to let him live, the exSIL died on the table in the next room.

It was ruled a justifiable shoot, in fact the man made a statement while he was in the E.R. and that was the end of that.

The pocket carry with the .38 worked for him...although I am a firm beleiver in taking the shot before someone sticks you with a Bowie, not after.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The pocket carry with the .38 worked for him...although I am a firm beleiver in taking the shot before someone sticks you with a Bowie, not after.[/QUOTE]

Hummm..I think I wholeheartedly agree with you..
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Thanks Dave, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks to everyone else who had constructive ideas too.

Overalls as a fashion statement? I suppose they are. The statement they make to me is "I'm proud of my heritage (have had many family members buried in them) which is predominantly made up of farmers," "I'm proud to be a working man who is self reliant," and "yes, I grew up working on a farm and I'm I'm not ashamed of it. In fact, I'm proud of that too." Besides they're darn comfy and handy with all those pockets.

Here ya go. Took this today thinking about your thread.
    G27 in pocket. No...it doesn't fall out when I bend over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links