J Frame Pocket Holsters

This is a discussion on J Frame Pocket Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by grady 4 months for my Mica. Ordered in August, received last week. Dang.. So guess I need to "sit back and get ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J Frame Pocket Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    4 months for my Mica. Ordered in August, received last week.

Dang..

So guess I need to "sit back and get comfy, its gona be a long ride" lol.

He told me in a email end of Dec. or first of Jan. But the way your math works it would be feb. or better

How do you like yours?
    <><><><><>
    Grass Roots North Carolina
    <><><><><>
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernZ71 View Post
    Dang..

So guess I need to "sit back and get comfy, its gona be a long ride" lol.

He told me in a email end of Dec. or first of Jan. But the way your math works it would be feb. or better
    Maybe he had a busy fall and will have time to catch up during the holidays. He leads a very busy life from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernZ71 View Post
    How do you like yours?
    Mika
    I haven't had a chance to use it much. Where it shines is in ease of reholstering because the mouth stays open. It also has good grip to the insides of my pocket. Another benefit is the holster is cut pretty low so it doesn't interfere with the gun grip at all. The holster is ambidextrous, but I think after I've worn it for a while, it may develop a curve for one side of my body. That's okay. I only wear it on one side anyway.

The downside to the Mika for me is also one of the holster's strengths: there is no panel or high side to hide (or interfere with) the grip. On occasion, when wearing certain pants and upon sitting, the grip sticks out of my pocket a little. Easy fix for that, though: don't wear that holster with certain pants in certain environments.

Overall it will be useful, was crafted with care, and the price was reasonable.

Superfly:
    Since I often have a great need for concealment, my favorite is the Superfly with its removable panel. The Superfly is a bit bigger than the other ones I have, but I usually wear pants with large pockets. I also like the Superfly because I can use it for either a Ruger SP-101 or a j-frame, either with the panel or without. Price was reasonable and delivery was almost immediate.

K&D panel holster:
    My smallest panel holster, I can wear this one in pants that won't hold the Superfly. The downside is that over time, the panel has become smoother and in certain pants it doesn't retain quite as well. I read of a fix where someone put liquid gasket-making material on the panel to add friction. If I carried my j-frame more, I'd do that.

When I did carry a j-frame, I used the K&D every day. It too was crafted with care, and it had perfect retention of the gun to the holster: not tight, but not loose. But I've been carrying the Ruger lately because I haven't got around to going to the range to test my no-lock j-frame.

Uncle Mike's:
    For a $10 holster, it has its place when either my other holsters are being used, or when I'm away from my holster box and that is all I have in the vehicle.

I like options. Every day and every outing is a different set of circumstances. I understand the belief that if one carries the same way every day that one will have less chances of missing a draw, or drawing slow, or failing to do something smoothly. Unfortunately, I have too many variables in my life to dress and holster the same way every day.

Since many places I carry are populated with anti-gunners, or those I prefer not know I carry, sometimes I sacrifice commonality in my carry habits in favor of optimum concealment. Choices are good.

I'll be glad when the day comes that I don't have to be concerned about concealment and can carry in whatever way feels comfortable.

I currently have a Nemessis (spelling?)
    Holds the gun in position but thats about it.

PRINTS like tomorrow aint coming. You can easily pick out the shape of the gun across the room if the there is a side light on my pants.

I was told the Mika would do alot better job of breaking up the gun pattern when It comes to printing, and hold it, draw, reholster easier.
    <><><><><>
    Grass Roots North Carolina
    <><><><><>
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    4 months for my Mica. Ordered in August, received last week.
    Mika was always delivering within two weeks in the past--then, in addition to his other business interests, he was hard hit by the flooding in that part of WI. I'd guess he's just now getting on his feet and in future months will have his lead time trimmed down.

Another inexpensive, quality option is from Side Guard Holsters: http://www.sideguardholsters.com/hol...t_Holsters.htm
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I love my Mika! You can't go wrong with it! I have one for each of my Snubs! No printing, smooth draw, stays in the pocket.

Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Look at High noon holsters - they carry a terrific pocket holster and it is usually in stock!

Another vote for Mika. I've had mine for 3 years and have never considered trying another brand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links