CTAC and Crossbreed

CTAC and Crossbreed

This is a discussion on CTAC and Crossbreed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have two excellent holsters that carry well and really hide my CCW pistols. In the past several weeks I have been diagnosed with a ...

Thread: CTAC and Crossbreed

CTAC and Crossbreed

I have two excellent holsters that carry well and really hide my CCW pistols. In the past several weeks I have been diagnosed with a significant case of arthritis in the third vertebra from the bottom of my spine. Wearing an inside the waist holster really makes the condition worse immediately. As an experiment I wore a pancake holster for several days. This works great and is comfortable. The pancake holster does not hide the gun as well as IWB holsters. I am looking at a Galco holster the M7X Matrix for my XD9sc. It is made for 1.5 inch belts and has several good reviews. Please comment on the M7X or other belt holsters that would hide the XD9sc with a sweater, sports coat or lighter cover garments. I want to keep my current CCW pistols, but need to change my carry mode. Thanks all,

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Mernickle makes a great rig, pulls nice and tight.
    It is what I currently use as an OWB rig.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Thanks MoCarryGuy. I am reading through the Mernickle line tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. They look very well made.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Arthritis in the spine - never heard of that one but I wish you well and hope you find some relief.

For ~$27 the M7X is very impressive. I have one for almost every model of handgun I carry because they are so easy to work with. For long car trips I snap it on at 1:30-2:00 belt line, with an easy switch to 3:30-4:00 when out of the vehicle. The gun locks securely into the plastic and is removed with a quick, but healthy tug.

Granted, the firearm is not a snug to the body as some custom leather, but for just kickin' it the M7X is tough to beat. It will carry you over until your custom leather from Del Fatti comes in two years later!

Pic here Galco M7X Matrix Thermoplastic Holster
    Last edited by Catalina; December 23rd, 2008 at 11:47 PM. Reason: add URL to pic

Matrix Holster

Catalina,

Thank you for the good report on the Matrix holster. I guess I am showing my age if I will talk about my ailments on a CCW gun forum! I would add the pain is like a pulled muscle only more burn and deeper. Where the back and pelvis join. It is amazing how quickly carrying a pistol makes it hurt and stay painful for hours. What a bummer. I will try the M7X and if I can not find a holster thats pain free, buy a Kahr P9 for pocket carry. This forum is a tremendous resource.

-- Richard

Sponsored Links