Holster for Ruger SP101 327, 3 1/16 barrel ?

This is a discussion on Holster for Ruger SP101 327, 3 1/16 barrel ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I understand that suggesting a holster is like suggesting a pair of shoes, but I've never worn "shoes" so I don't appreciate the difference ...

Thread: Holster for Ruger SP101 327, 3 1/16 barrel ?

OK, I understand that suggesting a holster is like suggesting a pair of shoes, but I've never worn "shoes" so I don't appreciate the difference between wing tips and hiking boots.

I have a Ruger SP101 327, 3 1/16 barrel. My original intent was for hiking, and I have a "Secure Carry" with water bottle holders from Wilderness Tactical for that purpose.

Now I'm wondering about carrying in general. IWB seems like it would be terribly uncomfortable, but I've never tried it. OWB seems more straight forward, but again, I've never done it.

Suggestions?

I carry my SP101 in a Concealco IWB holster. I find it very comfy. I also have an OWB in kydex from Comptac. Comptac offers a trial period. ONLY you can determine what is comfortable in a holster, as you will be the guy wearing it. If it is not comfortable, it will end up tossed in the UNused holster box, we all have.
    Good luck in your search.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have the same gun. If you want "nicer", you can get an HBE ComIII for $104 and about 4 weeks lead time. It's IWB, it's absolutely top high end quality and will be great but...

If you want to spend less and still have a short lead time, then I too have to recommend the AJ Concealco IWB holster. I have 3 now for a J frame, the SP101 and for a Kahr MK9. I love them. They're very thin, fit great, are easy to put on and off and have an unusual front strap arrangement that I really like. I can't say enough good about these hosters.

I have one of my OWB The Slides for it already made. Let me know if your interested.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

No shoes?????

[QUOTE=GettingOld2;955737]OK, I understand that suggesting a holster is like suggesting a pair of shoes, but I've never worn "shoes" so I don't appreciate the difference between wing tips and hiking boots.

Humm..never worn shoes, and you need a holster for?? <grin>
    Maybe a piece of twine like Jethro Bodine used to hold his britches up would suffice..
    Check the holster maker link, look em over. Leather is like buying "shoes"..as in one size does not fit all..Luck..Merry Christmas.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

My SP101 rides in a Galco shoulder holster #172. 24/7 carry is comfy - and yes I have even slept with it on. 10 years of carrying it and I have only been "made" once - when I was careless about which side of me to present to my daughter for a hug.
    It does not get in the way of straps from a backpack, does not have to be fiddled with when nature calls. I have owb/iwb for other guns but they are not as comfy.

I carry my SP101 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. Very comfortable, even when driving long distance!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sponsored Links