Rossi 462 Holster options

This is a discussion on Rossi 462 Holster options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am posting this cause when I search the threads are all closed. My wife got me a rossi 462 for ccw for christmas. now ...

Thread: Rossi 462 Holster options

Rossi 462 Holster options

I am posting this cause when I search the threads are all closed.
    My wife got me a rossi 462 for ccw for christmas. now i need a IWB holster under $60.
    I have read were people suggest a holster for a Colt dick spc but no pics or links, a smith model 10 with no help, a smith k frame but then some say its a little loose, and the most popular seems to be a holster for a Ruger SP 101 but this is confusing cause the rossi is 6 shot and the ruger is 5, unless i am lookng at it wrong.

So anybody who carries a rossi 462/1 please post pics, links, brand and MODEL, price, and your thoughts on it. thanks a bunch.

2. Remove Ads

Google Don Hume H715-M. You want a "Colt Detective Special 2".
    Nice IWB in either black or brown for under $30. I use it for the Rossi 462 and a Smith & Wesson 442.

I picked a holster for colt sp101, perfect fit. I bought a de santis. search my profile for pics.
    So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Last line of "Rifle Creed" by Major General William H. Rupertus (USMC, Ret.)

i was just checking in on this thread, no email notification, to ask about don hume. PGann: does it hold securley, hows it do while driving, comfort? i must be dislexic i thought it was a 175.

tjsjr,

Search gunnersalley.com and check out that model. The one pictured on the site is for a semi-auto, not a revolver; but you can get an idea anyway. This holster securely clips to waistband or over belt & waistband (I clip behind belt, over waistband). It's a small holster, but covers the trigger guard and cylinder; but because this gun has a pretty good size grip on it, almost as much gun is out of the holster as in. It sits down in my pants as far as I'd care for it to; any further and it would make sitting more difficult and would be uncomfortable (I wear it in the 10-11 o'clock position). Conceals well under untucked shirt or T-shirt. I'm not convinced that any gun stuffed in your pants is ever 100% comfortable, and the bigger the gun/holster the worse it's going to be. That said, I'm carrying way more than I ever intended or thought I would; no big deal. My lighter S&W 442 (at half the weight of the Rossi, and smaller frame) is a joy to carry in the same holster/position. Don't know where you're thinking of carrying it, but I decided real quick that IWB at 3 or 9 o' clock are definitely out because it is extremely uncomfortable and does not conceal well for me (I'm a small guy, 150 lbs, and carried in those positions looks like I have a huge tumor or siamese twin attached).

I also have an Uncle Mike's size 36 that works good. It's a very inexpensive synthetic holster. It covers the hammer (which is nice) with it stuffed in front of your belly; the Don Hume does not, so the hammer does stick your belly using it. The next size up Uncle Mike's for a K-frame might even be a little better for this gun, if it's not too big. I think this gun is actually somewhere between a J-frame and a K-frame.

If you want, private message me your e-mail address and I'll send you some pictures.

All that said, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better leather holster than the Don Hume for less than $30. The only thing I'm not totally sure of is if the Colt Detective, Smith 10, or K-frame versions (if there really is any difference in these versions of Don Humes) are a better fit than the other.

PGann, thanks for the reply. I looked at the hume on their website, and the uncle mikes. I would buy the uncle mikes but i want to be able to reholster without much fuss. Can you one hand reholster withthe hume like advertised? Also 330 to 4 is were i thought of carrying. I am 5'7" and 145lbs. With the taurus j frame i had previously i stuffed it in my waist band at 3 and witha slight forward cant it was comfy and would ride while driving very comfy but after walking for a while this was unsafe do to it would work down and eventually end up at my ankle. (OOPS) Appendix carry seems to sound good, at least you would be able to visualy tell if it poped out to say HI. but since i am a truck driver i wonder about driving. Again thanks. oh and my email is public, tjsjr@yahoo.com

Links