El Cheapo Shoulder rig around the house?

This is a discussion on El Cheapo Shoulder rig around the house? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So on my days off I sometimes get a slow start and wear sweat pants or cotton shorts with a drawstring waistband... nothing that will ...

Thread: El Cheapo Shoulder rig around the house?

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar

So on my days off I sometimes get a slow start and wear sweat pants or cotton shorts with a drawstring waistband... nothing that will support a belt and IWB (my normal carry), so I was thinking about grabbing a shoulder rig to keep from having to through jeans on at 8 in the morning when I just wanna put my feet up and eat some cereal while watching Barney with my 18 month old...

Would something like this work for that:

UTG BLACK SHOULDER HOLSTER FITS COLT 1911 HK SIG PISTOL - eBay (item 300282124717 end time Dec-25-08 20:00:00 PST)

I would never wear it for CC... I'm sure it wouldn't be comfortable all day and I know it wouldn't conceal at all unless it was under a winter coat... and even that's questionable... But just for lounging around the house... has anyone tried one?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

I was just thinking about somthing like that the other day. Cheaperthandirt has some for about 20 bucks that I was looking at. Seems like a pretty good solution and for 20 bucks...it might be worth a shot?
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

i wear a shoulder holster 3 to 4 days a week. if it is not comfortable you will feel the pain fast, real fast. but for just a few minutes or around the house it should work. if not, you "have not lost much". come to think about it i got a foot locker full of "have not lost much". one day i am going to sell a whole bunch of all most new holsters for a "song snd a dance".
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Got a shoulder holster that'll fit 5"1911 in there? LOL
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

I have a shoulder holster very similar to that one and I absolutely love it! The key to it is have someone else adjust it for you. I forget that I am wearing it most of the time.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "
    Best words of wisdom from my Master Emperor Palpatine

I have that exact same shoulder holster from UTG for my XDSC I believe I paid 15 shipped . Fits great. I was leary of spending more than 50 for a carry method that I was not sure I would like. My next will be a Galco Miami Classic or Classic Lite for winter.

EBay huh? Well, I've done a lot of trading on EBay. Nothing wrong with that. My first shoulder holster was from Galatti International and it was cheap....not $13 cheap, but cheap. Pretty comfortable for pleather (plastic leather). My last one was an 'Old World Leather' real leather shoulder rig with belt tie downs. After both of those went by the wayside, I had my sights set on the better jackass rigs because I had seen these used a lot on Miami Vice. At this point in time I sort of abandoned the shoulder holster route. Even still, I figure there's a time and place for everything and options are always good. In my opinion from the cheapo shoulder rigs I've had, I'd get another Galatti pleather one if they still had them. You may be on to something, but only time will tell. You do need a good option obviously. Good luck with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Got a shoulder holster that'll fit 5"1911 in there? LOL
    i will go to the basement this weekend and take a look. pm me when you get a chance to remind me to look. old age is hard on this old man.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Links