G26 holster help

This is a discussion on G26 holster help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend sold me his G26 for a good price, and now I need to find a good holster.... I want one that conceals good, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G26 holster help

G26 holster help

A friend sold me his G26 for a good price, and now I need to find a good holster.... I want one that conceals good, priced right, and won't wait to long.

My normal carry is a XD45 compact in a supertuck, so the Glock is for when I want to be more discrete or wanna mix it up. I also plan on getting a supertuck for the glock but also may order a second holster.

So, what can you glock people recommend me for the second holster?
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

2. Remove Ads

IWB or OWB? I use a Rosen Upper Limit Express for my G27 OWB. I use a DeSantis Scorpion (kydex) for IWB.
    Upper Limit EXP

Scorpion (with G19)

Ram Rod,
    I was hoping you would show up as you know glocks well. I haven't thought much about OWB but I think I may give it a try, it would work for winter but I will have to switch once summer rolls around. I like the looks of both the holsters in your pics.

I guess my concern is the size of the g26 is obviously much smaller than what I carry (XD45 and a full size 1911) so I don't want a "bulky" holster that would make carrying a smaller gun pointless.

I've really been eyeballing the Raven holsters as well. My Scorpion conceals my G19 or G27 very well, my 'Body Glove'/cell phone sticks out like a sore thumb. The Raven holsters may even give a smaller profile yet....won't know until I get one. That G26/27 is a real nice small package. You'll love it, and I'm sure you'll find something that works very well for you.

Don Hume PCCH...about 50.00 only about 2-4 weeks turnaround time
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Hello!

I use a Desantis mini scabbard, and find it to be excellent for comfort and concealability. I wear it all day, every day, and usually forget it's on! It is an OWB, so a cover shirt is a must, but here in FL, no one thinks twice about Hawaiian prints ....

DeSantis Mini Scabbard - 1 Stop Tactical Gear

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveller, not a tourist.

A traveller doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Am very happy with Brocks Bluegrass holster. The wait time is a little bit longer than posted but IMHO is worth the money.

I used an AKJ Concealco for my G26. I got the holster off eBay for mid-20s, IIRC. I was carrying it while wearing khaki shorts and a golf shirt at RunTex getting fitted for running shoes...and it never moved. Probably not THE elusive perfect holster, but I liked mine.

I write in past tense 'cuz someone wanted to trade a G21 w/night sights for my G26. Now, I have to get another G26/27.
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

look at the galco brand. they have several good inside the pants holster. i got two of their inside the pants holster. one is a tuckable type and the other is not. both work well.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Cast my vote for Raven Concealment. IWB or OWB, you pick the method of carry with the modular accessories. Holds the gun snug and releases quickly and effortlessly. The Holster uses a very thin piece of kydex on each side of the gun so the profile is very thin. The holster is molded slightly concave so that when worn, the holster is pulled in to the curve of your body, and the base is flat ans a bit wider than the pistol so there is no flop and the grip doesn't push out away from your body when worn especially noticable when seated. When I get a new gun, I buy a Raven for it. I do have other holsters for my 1911, but my Glocks and HKs go in a Raven holster. I have included some pictures of the holster with my HK45. This is a full size gun and it holds the gun tight against my side. If you would like pictures of the holster with my G19, drop me a PM and I'll snap a few for you. I currently only carry it IWB though as I typically just wear T-shirts here in FL(the HK45 will print OWB if I just wear a t-shirt) where we don't get winter weather.

Front

Width

Back

OWB HK45

Concealed OWB

IWB HK45

IWB Concealed
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

The G26 is my primary carry...and the most comfortable holster I have found is the MTAC.

When wearing it...I simply forget I'm actually carrying.

There are occassions that need an OWB holster while wearing sweator or thin dress pants, etc., at which time I opt for a Rusty Sherrick High Ride...

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I think the MTAC is a decent holster, but after trying out the Comp Tac Infidel, I almost never use my MTAC. The MTAC creates these brown smudges on my G19's slide, and annoys me to have to wipe it down all the time. The Infidel is a kydex IWB, that doesn't do that, and has a sweat guard which is nice too. I didn't think kydex IWB holsters would be very comfortable, but I guess you never know until you try them. Only thing is the Infidel is not a tuckable holster like the MTAC and CTAC holsters.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Good Glock Holsters

visit the web site JSHolsters.com - We don't do pretty. We do practical. excellent product and a satifaction --or money back -- policy.

Hello,

I have an OWB The Slide already made for a G26 RH in black with 15 deg and 1.5" belt slots. Total cost shipped is $55.

Let me know and I can ship out early this week.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    Hello,

I have an OWB The Slide already made for a G26 RH in black with 15 deg and 1.5" belt slots. Total cost shipped is $55.

Let me know and I can ship out early this week.
    PM sent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links