Ladies carry question.

This is a discussion on Ladies carry question. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have decided on carrying a Glock 26 when I get my permit. I am 5'10" which is pretty tall for a woman. I am ...

Thread: Ladies carry question.

Ladies carry question.

I have decided on carrying a Glock 26 when I get my permit. I am 5'10" which is pretty tall for a woman. I am wondering if any body has any suggestions for me to carry and conceal effectively. I do not want to carry off body. Just want a good concealable holster.

2. Remove Ads

My wife has seemed to indicate that SOB works best for her. She always carries on her waste at home, but when we go out, the only place she seems to be able to conceal it effectively is SOB. Hope this helps, and welcome!
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Is the SOB not uncomfortable when she sits down?

One holster won't do, you'll have to start a collection like the rest of us.
    Welcome to the forum!
    My wife carries at 4 o'clock in a leather OWB and dresses around her weapon.
    Many good holsters to choose from, where do you want to carry?, how do you want to dress? and whats your budget?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

I have nothing to offer on this post but a warm welcome from the group.

Hi TD,
    If you haven't seen it yet, there's a good forum available for women - called Women & Guns, hosted by the magazine by the same name.

Some of the ladies there have posted pics about how they conceal without changing their normal attire all that much .

I originally used AIWB (2 o'clock) postion, but the problem with it was drawing when seated position - especially in the car with the seatbelt in the way. I have transferred my primary carry position to IWB crossdraw from about 11:00.

She carries a VERY thin PPS and apparently with the cant she keeps it at, the skinnyness (not a word I know) of the gun, and the coverage the holster offers she never seems to mind it.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

VIP Member
    Another site with a lot of good information is Cornered Cat. Kathy Jackson who owns the site is also editor of Concealed Carry Magazine. You might want to check both sources out to see what info they might provide.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

You might want to try SOB holsters, but worn over the kidney. That way you won't damage your spine if you fall on it. Also try appendix carry under an untucked shirt. Also try cross draw under an untucked shirt. A belly band holster lets you do all of the above with a tucked shirt. Then there's Smart Carry...

Anyhoo - welcome aboard and I'll bet it's REALLY cold in W. BG Va.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Maybe these will help:

YouTube - Holster Talk Part 1
    YouTube - Holster Talk Part 2
    YouTube - Holster Talk Part 3
    YouTube - Holster Talk Part 4

These were posted several months back by this forum's very own Limatunes.

-JT

I'm 5'5" and a size 4. I carry a PPS IWB at 5:00.

Works great for me without too much wardrobe tweaking. I do not recommend super low-cut jeans if you IWB carry, the gun will stick out at a pretty noticeable angle when you sit or squat down. I stick to mid-rise jeans (just under the belly button) in a relaxed fit.

I hope this helps!

My wife uses a JIT..seems to do what she desires..Welcome.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

I have looked at cornered cat and limatunes diary. Those were very helpful as well. Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions and support. I can't wait until I am able to get my ccw and carry it for the first time. My boyfriend (jwhite75) carries a glock 23 EDC and occasionally a p228. I am planning on purchasing and EDC a glock 26. I've been around guns all of my life and have always hunted. I've never really been into handguns until i met him and he has definitely convinced me of the necessity of protecting myself.

Links