D.M. Bullard pocket holsters?

This is a discussion on D.M. Bullard pocket holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thinking of one of these for my J-frames and was wondering if anyone here has one of these rigs? If so what do ...

Thread: D.M. Bullard pocket holsters?

I was thinking of one of these for my J-frames and was wondering if anyone here has one of these rigs? If so what do you think of it?,thanks.

I have a pocket holster from Bullard. I use it in warm-up and pj pockets around the house since it retains the gun well. It's not my favorite for daily pocket carry though. Both sides of the holster are formed to the gun which prints too much in jeans and slacks for my liking. I prefer a simple and inexpensive Uncle Mike's #3, or Robert Mika's square and round cut models.

rd
    "Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire." Homer Bannon - Hud 1963
    Behind the Barn

He makes a good product. I just prefer my Mika for pocket carry. I've found the leather ones a bit too stiff and bulky.

I have the smooth leather one from Bullard for my 642. Love it. Great for back pocket, coat pocket or just short term storage.I keep it in the pocket holster on the night stand or anytime it's not in a regular belt holster (I use Bullard's Undercover and Bodyguard on all my stuff). I also use his IWB left hand for my Glock 22 I use for my right hand back pocket, surprisingly great carry option for a short period of stand-up only carry. His belts are first rate also and very little or no wait.

Well, he makes two kinds, the rough cut "front pocket" one, and the slicker "wallet/pocket" model.

Can't really comment on his pocket models since I don't own one, but I have 3 of David's Dual Carries (IWB, see my avatar) and one Bodyguard (OWB), and they are all just super for fit, function, and value.

- OS

Have one and hate it. The rear of the holster doesn't have enough room to get my fingers in for a full grip.

I'll stick with my still unbeatable Kramer.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot View Post
    Well, he makes two kinds, the rough cut "front pocket" one, and the slicker "wallet/pocket" model.

Can't really comment on his pocket models since I don't own one, but I have 3 of David's Dual Carries (IWB, see my avatar) and one Bodyguard (OWB), and they are all just super for fit, function, and value.

- OS
    I just ordered a Dual carry from him yesterday. How long did you have to wait ??
    I tried to call and email with no reply. That , in and of itself, makes me nervous...........

Quote Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
    I just ordered a Dual carry from him yesterday. How long did you have to wait ??
    I tried to call and email with no reply. That , in and of itself, makes me nervous...........
    I'm pretty sure that David was at the Fort Worth gun show all weekend. The Dallas show is this weekend as well. He'll get back to you asap, he's a stand-up guy.

BTW - Your going to love the Dual Carry.

rd
    "Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire." Homer Bannon - Hud 1963
    Behind the Barn

Quote Originally Posted by rdrancher View Post
    I'm pretty sure that David was at the Fort Worth gun show all weekend. The Dallas show is this weekend as well. He'll get back to you asap, he's a stand-up guy.

BTW - Your going to love the Dual Carry.

rd
    Thanks, that helps ! Sorry to "borrow" the thread! mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
    Thanks, that helps ! Sorry to "borrow" the thread! mike
    You'll have it in a week or so, or less. Never longer than maybe ten days from actual order has it taken on any of my four.
    There's a gun show schedule on his site, it usually adds a day or two after one.
    Not to worry, David will get it to you PDQ. He also does eBay too, so has to keep up a pretty quick turnaround re those sales, too.

- OS

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I have one also and for me it"s too big for pants pockets but works great in a jacket or down vest. Great quality and excellent service at good prices!

Links