FIST Kydex Questions

FIST Kydex Questions

This is a discussion on FIST Kydex Questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking into purchasing a new Kydex holster and have read numerous posts on here and I have decided on a FIST #K4. ...

Thread: FIST Kydex Questions

FIST Kydex Questions

I have been looking into purchasing a new Kydex holster and have read numerous posts on here and I have decided on a FIST #K4. I do have a few questions to ask before I place my order.

1. Can I specify that I want a 'Body Protector' on a Kydex holster?

2. Strength and Durability is a definite priority, so with this in mind, should I go ahead and pay the additional $5 and get the 'Thin' Kydex as opposed to the 'Ultra Thin' Kydex?

3. Is it better/easier to order over the phone or online?

Thanks for all of your help. This site has been really helpful to me since I began concealed carrying earlier this year.

-Mac
    Exercise your 2nd Amendment Right, buy a gun.
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by mac140au View Post
    I have been looking into purchasing a new Kydex holster and have read numerous posts on here and I have decided on a FIST #K4. I do have a few questions to ask before I place my order.

1. Can I specify that I want a 'Body Protector' on a Kydex holster?

2. Strength and Durability is a definite priority, so with this in mind, should I go ahead and pay the additional $5 and get the 'Thin' Kydex as opposed to the 'Ultra Thin' Kydex?

3. Is it better/easier to order over the phone or online?

Thanks for all of your help. This site has been really helpful to me since I began concealed carrying earlier this year.

-Mac
    I own a dozen, or so, holsters by FIST and can address some of your questions.

Questions 1 & 3 - By all means call them up and ask your questions so that you get what you really want. I have found them both knowledgeable and helpful. Jim Murnak, the head guy, is really good to work with.

Question 2 - I recommend the ultra thin Kydex. It is really nice to carry concealed and IMHO is more than tough enough. FWIW
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

jfl
    They have a very helpful and knowledgeable customer service; call them with all your questions !
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Thumbs up 3 out of 4 ain't bad!

FWIW - I've been through 4 Fist #1, slight cant, kydex holsters. Here are my experiences:

1.) Glock 36 - perfect fit, excellent retention (i.e. 'the click'), easy reholstering, super fast draw, fits my Glock 19 and Glock 26, durable (4years and counting), for me - ideal for appendix carry (Glock 26), excellent clip holds pistol secure against body and belt, super thin and light. Like a second 'skin'.

2.) Kahr P9 Covert - ditto above. Except it doesn't fit my Glock 19 and 26. ;)

3.) S&W 642 - ditto above. Except not as comfortable due to shape (i.e. revolver vs. auto). No fault of FIST.

4.) SiG P225 - the only one that didn't work out for me. Fit was okay. Retention was not very good (pistol slid out without any resistance). I returned it for full refund.

Considering getting one for my 3913TSW soon.
    Watch your six!

Fist Kydex

I have a 1AK for a Makarov and love it,I just ordered a 1AK with a sweat shield for my Colt Agent. I call them on the phone to order and have never had a problem.

Anyone have the fist pocket holster for a "J" frame S&W? How's it work?

I have one of the pocket rigs for the J frame. I like the fit but I am on the fence with the tumb push off. Neat idea but I honestly want to just grab my revolver and pull. In a stressful situation, I don't want to yank, pull and point some kydex at a bad guy. I am a big FIST fan. I think they make fantastic products which are very customizable. They are not as pretty as some other craftsman but they are great products at a great price.

Sponsored Links