Crossbreed Supertuck Horsehide or Cowhide?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Supertuck Horsehide or Cowhide? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to order my Crossbreed Supertuck soon and was wondering about people's opinions on horsehide or cowhide on this particular holster. I live in ...

View Poll Results: Should I order horsehide or cowhide on the Supertuck?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horsehide

47 51.65%
  • Cowhide

44 48.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck Horsehide or Cowhide?

I'm going to order my Crossbreed Supertuck soon and was wondering about people's opinions on horsehide or cowhide on this particular holster. I live in Minnesota where it is very humid in the summer- I've heard horsehide can be better for that. How is comfort affected though? I hear Crossbreed is one of the most comfortable holsters out there. Does the horsehide make it less comfortable? Not a major point- but I really wish the horsehide came in black- I think it is more discreet and looks better Thanks
    HK P2000 SK .40
    Crossbreed Supertuck & Beltman
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

JEV
    Even with the humidity I've had no problems with my cowhide Supertuck...
    JEV

I have horsehide and it gets very hot in southwestern Oklahoma, but I never had an issue with mine absorbing sweat.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I voted for cowhide. I live in Florida (capital of heat and humidity) and my cowhide Supertucks work just fine. I sweat a lot and have never had a problem with my holsters. I like the look of the black better too.

I'm wearing a horsehide Supertuck now. Very comfortable

I own two cowhide Supercross Tucks. I couldn't stand the idea of a horsehide one.

I have 3 Crossbreeds, 2 Super-Tuck in Horsehide and a quick clip in Cowhide. There is definitely a difference between the two in my opinion, my preference is to the Horsehide. The cell structure is definitely denser on the horsehide and the back side of the leather is smoother, I do not notice any difference in one being more grippy than the other. I believe the horsehide is much more impervious to sweat than the cowhide. I live in Florida and do not deal to well with the heat and humidity thats why I stay with the horsehide.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmama View Post
    I own two cowhide Supercross Tucks. I couldn't stand the idea of a horsehide one.

why?
    HK P2000 SK .40
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

All my quality holsters are black horsehide. I wonder why they don't offer this horsehide model in black? I don't want a tan holster glaring out, but I don't want cowhide either. It's keeping me from making a purchase.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Didn't vote, as I don't want to be partly responsible for someone giving less money to CB if the OP decides to go the cowhide route.

That being said, I live in FL and have a black cowhide holster. No problems with sweat for me, but then again, I sweat very little.

And why would a tan holster "glare out" more than a black one? Concealed is concealed.

-JT

i just think the black blends better- might almost look like part of my belt, or pants, or shirt if my shirt should happen to come up a bit.... plus is it weird to think the natural color is... dare I say ugly?
    HK P2000 SK .40
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

Another Floridian here and I go for the horsehide as well. Then again, during the summers I leak like an old faucet, but so far I have had no problems with the horsehide wicking away the moisture.
    It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Gene Police: "Hey You! Out of the Pool!

Quote Originally Posted by NRATodd View Post
    why?

Because I own horses... Or should I say they own me..
    GlockHawk17 likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    All my quality holsters are black horsehide. I wonder why they don't offer this horsehide model in black? I don't want a tan holster glaring out, but I don't want cowhide either. It's keeping me from making a purchase.
    There are a couple reasons we don't offer black horsehide or natural cowhide.

1) Speed in the shop. We have minimized certain options in order to allow us to concentrate on other options that customers find more critical, such as combat grip or no combat grip.

2) Customer confusion is totally eliminated. If your holster is black, it's cow. If your holster is tan or a cocoa color, it's horse. No more problems with folks not being sure that they got what they paid for.

3) Horse is more laborious and critical in the dye process. Sure it can be done, but not as readily as cow. This goes back to shop speed.

We realize that some folks might want a wider range of choices, but in every business certain choices must be made based on the greater majority of the customer base and that is generally what we base our decisions on.

AZ Husker, with all due respect, and no offense intended, if color is keeping your form making a purchase, perhaps you should reexamine your priorities. The only time that color is even going to marginally matter beyond a personal preference, is if your shirt blows up. Should this happen, I will grant that a black holster will break up the outline of a black pistol better, however anyone observant enough to spot the holster (of either color) will also spot the gun.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Thanks Mark, I'll be ordering one. I always wear a black t-shirt under the gun. With a black holster & gun, they almost become invisible.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links