Comptac MTAC for 5" 1911?

This is a discussion on Comptac MTAC for 5" 1911? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone here carry a 5" steel 1911 in a comptac mtac holster? Would you say this rig works as well as a VM2? Whats Comptac's ...

Thread: Comptac MTAC for 5" 1911?

Comptac MTAC for 5" 1911?

Anyone here carry a 5" steel 1911 in a comptac mtac holster? Would you say this rig works as well as a VM2? Whats Comptac's turn around time? Also my 1911 has the millet adjustable rear target sights will this affect the fit on my gun in this holster?

2. Remove Ads

Give the folks at Comptac a call. Great to deal with. Mtac is excellent holster, comfy, secure & PROMPT delivery. Love mine, although I don't carry a 1911.

First off, I don't have a MTAC for my 1911. I've been thinking about getting one and have been waiting for someone who has one to chime in......

I will say the MTAC is the most comfortable IWB holster I have. I have two that I got a little over a year ago and I haven't had any problems with them. The more you wear them and break them in the more comfortable they become.

As for the company, they are great to work with. When I ordered my holsters I had a few questions so I called their 800 number. Great people in their customer service dept, they were friendly to deal with and answered all my questions. When I ordered I was told 10-14 business days, I had it in about 8.

Your sights shouldn't be a problem. The kydex doesn't come up that high and the leather should shape itself to the back of your gun, sights and all. The leather will mold itself to the back of your gun which helps with retention. When I first got mine the leather was smooth and the retention didn't feel all that secure. After wearing it for a couple weeks the leather did a good job of molding itself to the guns making them a perfect fit.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

I've had both a VM2 and MTAC, alas not for a 1911. I settled on the MTAC. It feels SO much better.

I carry my Nighthawk Talon 5" 1911 in my MTAC and wear it about 12-16 hrs a day and find it very comfortable. I also like the fact that you can adjust the cant so you can find a comfortable position for it.

I carry a Kimber Pro Elite 10 to 15 hours a day in a comp-tac minatour the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. A big plus is that if you change carry guns you can order the shell and put it on your leather base to see if you like it for the second weapon.

Links