H&K P2000sk holster problems

This is a discussion on H&K P2000sk holster problems within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK friends so are we thinking that this is a problem with this guy and his holster/gun combo not the holster/gun combo itself (please tell ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&K P2000sk holster problems

OK friends so are we thinking that this is a problem with this guy and his holster/gun combo not the holster/gun combo itself (please tell me this is what you are all thinking!)
    HK P2000 SK .40
    Crossbreed Supertuck & Beltman
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

2. Remove Ads

I would first suspect a "user" issue rather than a gun/holster combo issue. If people can carry 5" 1911 pistols in a Supertuck, I can't see the H&K being a problem, except MAYBE with the gun's width. But I doubt it.

If the OP spends the time to experiment with cant, position, and height and still can't find a comfortable arrangement, then maybe it could be the gun/holster combo. We'd need to have others who've owned this combo to speak up to get more info, though.

That's the one "problem" with a holster like the Supertuck, with so many adjustments: it can be difficult to find that sweet spot with so many options available.

However, I'm a believer in one size NOT fitting all, so I appreciate the flexibility of the design.

-JT

If it's a width problem isn't that just a matter of buying bigger pants?
    HK P2000 SK .40
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by NRATodd View Post
    If it's a width problem isn't that just a matter of buying bigger pants?
    Not necessarily. If the gun is too wide for the OP, it could affect comfort and concealability in ways that couldn't be addressed by wider pants. The arm constantly smacking the gun, for instance. Or obvious lopsidedness at the wearer's waist/hips because of the bulk sticking out the side.

-JT

Sponsor
    To the OP.....

It sounds to me as if you are very new to CCW and this may even be your first gun/holster combo. Nothing wrong with that and congrats on exercising your right to self defense, whether it's our holster or you eventually decide on something else.

However, you do need to consider the fact that there IS a learning curve involved. Take some time and experiment with it, increased cant almost always helps both in comfort and concealment. A good solid belt makes a huge difference too. Have you put the combo on and worn it all day for a couple days straight? There is some forming of the leather that will occur, just like a pair of brand new shoes a bit of break in will work wonders.

Also try wearing it behind your hip a ways, NOT right on the point of your hip (if you are)

Try those things and you'll probably find things settling in nicely.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by NRATodd View Post
    OK friends so are we thinking that this is a problem with this guy and his holster/gun combo not the holster/gun combo itself (please tell me this is what you are all thinking!)
    I seriously doubt that it is the gun/holster combo. If the OP is a very narrow waisted individual it may be a gun/holster/user combo problem.

As far as the gun goes I will say this, the Springfield XD, (which is far more blocky and chunky than a P2000sk) is constantly in the top two guns we make holsters for, the other is Glocks. If folks are running around with XD service guns, G19s and G23's without any trouble concealing them, then the P2000 is not a problem either.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

I wear a size 38 pants, and I am just very new to all of this. I have only worn the holster for about 3 hours, but it was very akward to sit and be comfortable with it.

Maybe part of this is what is "comfortable"? Does it feel great to have a 2 pound piece of metal sticking in my side- no. Can I deal with it- yes. Is it worth it- yes.
    HK P2000 SK .40
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

jim
    You've been getting pretty good advice about trying different positions on your body and adjusting the cant and ride-height, but don't discount trying a larger size pair of pants. I normally wear a 34 waist but went to 36's and it made a big difference for me. Not only is there more room around my waist, but also around my hips which makes it a lot more comfortable when I'm sitting. I use my gun belt to pull the pistol and holster into me.

It's a lot of trial and error but don't get discouraged...Todd had the right idea in that you may have to redefine "comfortable".

Jim

D'oh! Jim makes a very good point: if you're new to carrying, you may very well need to get some pants a size or two larger to accommodate the hunk of metal you're attaching to your hip.

No matter how you adjust the cant or position, if it feels like your pants are cutting you in two, ain't no way you'll be comfortable.

-JT

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Get used to having a drawer FULL of holsters for only a few guns. Some things work for some people that just don't fly with others. Just expieriment like others said.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

With a shirt untucked, my OWB holster prints just as much(or as less) as my IWB. I cant tell the difference in printing. IWB wasnt for me.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators10 View Post
    I wear a size 38 pants, and I am just very new to all of this. I have only worn the holster for about 3 hours, but it was very akward to sit and be comfortable with it.
    Getting used to carrying for some can take some acclimation.
    Different body styles sometimes call for different sweet spots on the body. I know a ton of folks who can not carry IWB, as they just can't get used to it; but, it is more their shape that is the issue. If you know others who carry, look over their gear, try it on. If not, the holster box or drawer that others talk about will become a thing of fact instead of jesting...Luck.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Is it just uncomfortable or does it stick out too much for you to effectively conceal carry?

Also this thread is very useful for seeing the many different carry positions.

<a href="http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/defensive-carry-holsters-carry-options/28114-lets-see-your-pics-how-you-carry-concealed.html">Click me</a>
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ----------------------------------
    "Let a man never stir on his road a step
    without his weapons of war;
    for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
    of a spear on the way without."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links