Defensive Carry banner

Need help finding holster...

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rottkeeper 
#1 ·
I have been looking for a new IWB holster for my Taurus PT140. I am looking for SOB with re-enforced mouth for easier re-holstering and sweat guard. Also double strap or clips for securing to belt. I have seen Limas' video on holsters and like the type she demos, the UBG one. The problem is finding it to fit my PT140. If anyone knows of where to look I would appreciate the help.:image035:

#2 ·
The only SOB (small of back) holster we have is by Dillon which is OWB. The UBGs we have are all strong side holsters. to be worn just behind the hip, not small of the back. Lima wears her IWBs around 4:30 - 5 o'clock which is not SOB.

:confused:

So what exactly are you looking for a regular IWB for a PT140, or a small of the back holster?

Nate at UBG has the Pt140 listed as a gun he makes holsters for, so getting a Canute IWB w/ reinforced mouth and double loops for a PT140 shouldn't be hard.

#4 ·
Fist also lists your gun, so they can make any of their holsters for it. They've got SOB, IWB, and lots of other options, reinforced, etc. etc.

#5 ·
I wore a Colt Combat Commander in a left handed (I'm right handed) Milt Sparks Summer Special holster for several years while serving as a State Police Detective Lieutenant.

I found it comfortable enough even while driving, and never had any problems accessing it using the so-called "Cavalry Draw", where you grasp the pistol grip with the back of your hand at the small of your back, then rotate the firearm into firing position after the muzzle comes by your hip bone.

You'll have to give the guys at Milt Sparks a call to determine they make it for your Taurus. Try it, you might like it!

Milt Sparks Holsters

#7 ·
Tsk tsk...
Now you'll be taken to task on how this is an unsafe way to carry. I know, it's not over your spine, and you CAN draw without "sweeping" everyone around you, yourself, and the Nuns down the street. But it seems on this site (and many others) this method of carry is criticized and ruled unsafe by many (for the very reasons I just refuted).

I do find myself wondering how many of them have actually used it for any time before laying such critique though. I have. And I find it viable, safe, and one option among many I am glad to have open to me.

Glad to see another supporter of this method of carry on the site.
Sorry for sidetracking the thread, I suspect the OP's mention of "SOB" may have prompted the response from Captain 38. BTW, Fist also has holsters specifically designed for this method of carry (and do list the OP's gun as one they make holsters for).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.