HBE Black Cherry color??

HBE Black Cherry color??

This is a discussion on HBE Black Cherry color?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tried to search, but am at work on iphone and search function won't work. Finally decide on holster and will order from HBE - picked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HBE Black Cherry color??

HBE Black Cherry color??

Tried to search, but am at work on iphone and search function won't work.

Finally decide on holster and will order from HBE - picked HBE due to all the possitive remarks made here.

I thought I would go with black, since I am a woman, and I wear black shoes most of the time, and I use a custom made purse that is black. I am not the type of woman who can't go out if my shoes and bag don't match. LOL But if they happen to, it's ok.

I see that HBE offers "black cherry" but I am having a hard time picturing this color. If you have a holster this color, how close is it to black? If it is really subtle, I would probably like it. Might add a little "softness" to a normally male worn "fashion accessory" LOL

But if it leans to purple I am just not sure...

Thought I would order one of his belts also, since he offers a 1-1/4" and I need a gun belt.

I am supposed to call Eric back tomorrow after I have a chance to measure for the belt - so I need to decide by then. He surely was
    nice to work with so far.

Thanks!! ( typed on my iphone so I hope this comes out ok!!)

Thanks!

I would say black cherry is more of a dark cordovan or dark ox blood. Not near purple at all really.

Administrator

Thumbs up

I've commented on that HBE "Black Cherry" color before when I have seen it on some rigs that customers/members had ordered from him.
    I really liked it a lot.
    It's a super nice and rich, deeply saturated color for leather and you could easily wear it as a compliment to black.
    Go for it.

Be sure to post some PICS on the forum when your holster arrives.

VIP Member
    If you get one of Eric's holsters in that color, you'll wonder if he can make shoes and belts for you in that same color to match your holster instead of the other way around....I have a couple of items in that color....beautiful stuff.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Great! Now I have to call Eric and change my order. If Black Cherry is now going to be associated with a female holster color I'm either going to have to change the color of my holster of start carrying with pink grips. Kidding!

The Black Cherry is really very close to black with a slight dark red / purple tint to it. Eric has a few pictures on his website of the Black Cherry.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Think cordovan or oxblood three to four shades darker. It really is beautiful and is very nice contrasted with black hide or sharkskin.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sounds like it is beautiful. I like black, but it doesn't have the "depth" of other colors. I imagine by the time I call tomorrow, I will have chosen Black Cherry!

Off now to take a 2nd look at the photos on the website. I remember somewhere on the site it mentions that it is a hard color to photograph well.

Thanks so much!

Probably the best picture I've seen of the black cherry finish is one of Tucker's holsters. This is probably a little overexposed b/c the ones I've seen still look a little more black than this, but here is a good example.

I just love the look of Black Cherry!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Even though I read here on DC about all of the problems HBE had a couple years ago, it seemed like they were ironed out and things were back on track. This will be my first "real" holster, and I thought, since I am sort of special needs, and people commented that Eric does so well with helping people figure out a holster that works well for them.... I would go ahead and give him a chance.

When I called on Friday, I didn't expect to hear from him right away, as it was pretty much a holiday. However, he did call me later that day. I was at work, and didn't want to talk to much "gun" talk there, so I was to call him the next day. He assured me he would be in the shop to take my call. That would be Saturday.

I called and left a message - and have had no reply back.

Am now wondering - perhaps I made a mistake contacting HBE. I am not in a position to go through what many of you have with this maker.

MNBurl responded to my other thread, and Bullard was also recommened. I've seen UBG recommended also. I'd need a muzzle forward cant for use in appendix area. I was thinking IWB, but now thinking OWB due to info from MrsFosforos on my other thread. Eric at HBE said he makes a lot of holsters for women and for people with shoulder issues for use in this area, and seemed to know right what I would need. Said I would be happier with OWB, with forward cant. I was all excited thinking he would know right what was needed - even if I did have to wait a few months for it.

But, now that I am not getting any return call - it has me wondering.

What do you all think? Give Eric another chance, or move on to someone else? If you vote move on - who would you recommend to make something up special when I don't really know what I need/want? I notice several maker's pages say they are not doing any custom work as they are to far behind.

I also need a belt - 1-1/4" will fit my clothes and not all makers have 1-1/4"... but I guess I could order that from somewhere else.

It's for a S&W 649 with CT grips - a J frame.

Thanks!

Did you see this site?
    Cunningham Custom Holsters - home
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post

What do you all think? Give Eric another chance, or move on to someone else? If you vote move on - who would you recommend to make something up special when I don't really know what I need/want? I notice several maker's pages say they are not doing any custom work as they are to far behind.

Thanks!
    I have a COM III on order right now with HBE. He answered the phone immediately when I called in Mid-December. From what I've heard from others. He's gotten his business back on track from what it was over a year ago. This summer his lead time for a holster was only around two weeks. When I spoke with him, he said he was about four weeks out and he does not take payment for the holster until he actually starts work on cutting the holster so you wouldn't be out any money until he contacts you for payment.

I understand your concern, but I think you're jumping too quickly to conclusions. If you really like Eric's work and want to get a quality holster I'd give him another call. I understand that he gets a ton of calls and emails, but once you get him on the phone he takes the time to go through every detail of the holster so its just what you want.

If he's not responding to voicemails. I'd call him during his business hours and call until you are able to get him in person on the phone. As you said, he returned your call before and you were unable to talk to him, he has no reason not to return your call the second time as well.

I have the Signess!

I'd absolutely give Eric the benefit of the doubt on the call-back. His service has been outstanding on all my orders and exceptionally quick on the delivery. And like Texan29 said, he did return your call once already when you weren't able to talk.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Contact made!

Took the advice here and just kept calling every day till I got an answer. Placed an order with Eric. Hope to hear from him in a few weeks when he starts work.

I did go with black cherry!

Next step is to photograph my CT grips and send to him so he knows which ones I have.

Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post
    Took the advice here and just kept calling every day till I got an answer. Placed an order with Eric. Hope to hear from him in a few weeks when he starts work.

I did go with black cherry!

Next step is to photograph my CT grips and send to him so he knows which ones I have.

Thanks for the advice!
    Glad you finally got a hold of him. I know that phone number is his personal cell phone and I received several email messages as a reply from his blackberry. He seems to be very busy most of the time, but his work makes it worth while. I'm waiting for a call soon from him to request payment for my COM III. I can't wait!

I have the Signess!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links