Need ankle holster

This is a discussion on Need ankle holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i just picked up a colt mustang 380. and i was thinking of using a ankle holster to use it as a BUG, but im ...

Thread: Need ankle holster

Need ankle holster

i just picked up a colt mustang 380. and i was thinking of using a ankle holster to use it as a BUG, but im at a toss up with witch one.any help guys and gals.
    Billy
    F&AM
    NRA LIFE
    GCO member

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I really dont like that method of carry, but if I were going to do so, it would be in nothing other than a Lou Alessi.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I like the Galco Ankle Glove and the Renegade.

Renegade is in Phoenix, AZ. They don't have a website, but if you "Google" them, you should be able to come up with a phone number for them. Of the two, I like the Renegade the best, but I've been using my Ankle Glove for about ten years.

Biker

other than ankle holster, what would yaw recommend as a great way to carry the mustang, i fish a lot of tournaments, and during the summer its shorts and a t shirt, so it HAS to be very concealed. and very comfortable.
    F&AM
    NRA LIFE
    GCO member

Quote Originally Posted by gunsbillygun View Post
    other than ankle holster, what would yaw recommend as a great way to carry the mustang, i fish a lot of tournaments, and during the summer its shorts and a t shirt, so it HAS to be very concealed. and very comfortable.
    If you're wearing shorts an Ankle Holster certainly isn't going to be concealable.

I've always found the front pocket to be a good place to carry a BUG, but prefer a revolver for that as well as ankle carry.

Biker

VIP Member
    Alessi makes the best. Galco's Ankle Glove is popular too. I'd go with a pocket holster though.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

i use the galco ankle glove with a j-frame and a glock 27. works real well. i don't use the calf strap that you can get with it. tried one of them on an other brand ankle holster many mango season ago. did not like it and it did not work for me. i also used the renegade brand ankle holster for my p3at. now for short pants you will need to pocket carry and uncle mikes has a low price pocket holster. i use one for the p3at, it is the small auto size 0. it is about $12.00. it works just as good as the high $$$ onces. i know that statement will make some mad.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    If you're wearing shorts an Ankle Holster certainly isn't going to be concealable.
    yea that one is a kind of give me.

im just looking into other options as well.
    F&AM
    NRA LIFE
    GCO member

I have an ankle holster made by Ross Leather that I really like. It has a fleece lining on the inside and a nice heavy duty velcro strap. I carry an MK9 in it with no need for any garter type straps on my calf. It was $70 from these guys below:

CCWSUPPLY.BIZ - Ross M13 Softie Ankle Holster
    (I'm not affiliated in anyway, but I have bought holsters from them)
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Well, I've been wearing a Bianchi Triad for my G27 for the past few months. I wear it daily, all day (about 10 hours). I'm sure it is not a top of the line holster or the most comfortable, but it works for me.

The things I like about the Triad are:
    1- Price
    2- 3 adjustable straps
    3- Adjustable padding
    4- Not as bulky as other more expensive ones

I always wear two socks, one between my skin and the padding and another one (matching with opposite foot's ) over the holster.

It's been working so well for me that I've just purchased another one for my Airweight.

Good luck finding yours.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

If you insist on leather, I recommend Alessi, but, if comfort is primary, I strongly suggest you go with the Renegade.

For your Mustang or any other semi-auto, I would suggest you get Renegade's version with the retaining strap! In MY opinion, however, the non-strapped version works better for small revolvers!

I reached Renegade by phone the last time I tried at (602)482-6777.

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    Well, I've been wearing a Bianchi Triad for my G27 for the past few months. I wear it daily, all day (about 10 hours). I'm sure it is not a top of the line holster or the most comfortable, but it works for me.

The things I like about the Triad are:
    1- Price
    2- 3 adjustable straps
    3- Adjustable padding
    4- Not as bulky as other more expensive ones

I always wear two socks, one between my skin and the padding and another one (matching with opposite foot's ) over the holster.

It's been working so well for me that I've just purchased another one for my Airweight.

Good luck finding yours.
    I have a Bianchi also, I got it used, I think it was described as a precursor to the Triad. I was wondering about the second sock. It sounds like a good idea, but I don't think I could pull a sock over the holster and gun. Do you pull it up as high as you can, and does it actually go over the gun also?

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I have a Bianchi also, I got it used, I think it was described as a precursor to the Triad. I was wondering about the second sock. It sounds like a good idea, but I don't think I could pull a sock over the holster and gun. Do you pull it up as high as you can, and does it actually go over the gun also?
    The sock goes over the holster up to the bottom of the thumb break. I also make sure that the straps are also covered. You don't want to cover the gun nor the thumb break. It is slow enough to draw as it is. The cover sock just makes the bottom of the holster looks like sock and not like a holster.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Links