O.D Green Paddle

This is a discussion on O.D Green Paddle within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was asked if I could come up with a paddle so I gave this a shot.. It wears well but not super tight to ...

Thread: O.D Green Paddle

O.D Green Paddle

I was asked if I could come up with a paddle so I gave this a shot.. It wears well but not super tight to the body as I like. This would make a great around the house holster..I think tomorrow I will lower the holster past the ejection port for a faster draw. I bet it will make difference with that 5 inch barrel. I used .83 O.D.Green for the holster and .125 in black for the paddle..

The .125 Kydex is no joke!!!

Once this thing snaps around my belt it is almost imposable to get off....

If I lower the front of this holster I will post pic's...
    “Dollars and guns are no substitutes for brains and will power” Dwight D Eisenhower

Here are some of my holsters........

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Great looking holster. I tried bending some kydex to form a paddle , but yours looks much nicer.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    very nice :) I wish I could make stuff like that. I haven't tried kydex, but a lot of them I see just look like a folded over piece of kydex rather than a nicely molded piece like yours.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Good Job

Excellent work...don't know if I'd call it a paddle holster or a shovel holster! Not asking for trade secrets, but you are the only non-factory person I have seen that does an attachment to the paddle with a "standoff " to keep the fasteners away from where they can contact the gun. Seems like I noticed this in one of your other rigs as well. Does this keep you from having to incorporate all the shape into one piece of Kydex, but cause an additional complication in the molding to make the offset area?
    I don't do the hobby of bending Kydex (yet) but I definitely do enjoy the hobby of watching what others do with it (and buying Kydex holsters for every gun I own!). I own four different brands of Kydex holsters, and have enjoyed studying how different makers approach different designs, complications, and ways of doing details. Man, I think I must be a Kydex geek. I could probably do a whole page on just edge finishing styles!
    What Would Gumby Do?

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Great looking holster. I tried bending some kydex to form a paddle , but yours looks much nicer.
    Thanks I bent it a few times

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    very nice :) I wish I could make stuff like that. I haven't tried kydex, but a lot of them I see just look like a folded over piece of kydex rather than a nicely molded piece like yours.
    Again thanks..I use a press for all my holsters and I think it makes a big difference. Also the thickness of Kydex will aid in how well it molds to the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Excellent work...don't know if I'd call it a paddle holster or a shovel holster! Not asking for trade secrets, but you are the only non-factory person I have seen that does an attachment to the paddle with a "standoff " to keep the fasteners away from where they can contact the gun. Seems like I noticed this in one of your other rigs as well. Does this keep you from having to incorporate all the shape into one piece of Kydex, but cause an additional complication in the molding to make the offset area?
    I don't do the hobby of bending Kydex (yet) but I definitely do enjoy the hobby of watching what others do with it (and buying Kydex holsters for every gun I own!). I own four different brands of Kydex holsters, and have enjoyed studying how different makers approach different designs, complications, and ways of doing details. Man, I think I must be a Kydex geek. I could probably do a whole page on just edge finishing styles!
    As for the shovel holster I like the name can I keep it???

I have never held a paddle holster in my hand so I really have no idea what size they are. So what I did was to talk to some friends who like the paddle. Interesting thing was they all complained about the paddle not being wide enough at the point it bent over the belt..They told me this tends to allow the pistol to rock back and forth.. So I tried to make it wider at that point. We will see how it works out...

O and thanks....
    “Dollars and guns are no substitutes for brains and will power” Dwight D Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Not asking for trade secrets, but you are the only non-factory person I have seen that does an attachment to the paddle with a "standoff " to keep the fasteners away from where they can contact the gun. Seems like I noticed this in one of your other rigs as well. Does this keep you from having to incorporate all the shape into one piece of Kydex, but cause an additional complication in the molding to make the offset area?
    If you are asking why I made the paddle separate it is because that was the challenge. I was asked if I could make paddles that they could attach their own product to. I find the best way to tweak out a new rig is to wear it.. Now as for an additional complication in the molding I just use a little more tape

VIP Member
    Looks good.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

As for the shovel holster I like the name can I keep it???
    Hey, I'd be honored but I'm not too sure it's the best "marketing" name around! It just reminds me of that because the width at the top and overall shape. One thing about starting with the the large paddle, a wearer could always take off material at front, back, bottom, or whatever to shape it to fit your own personal tastes.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Links