Planned carry options

Planned carry options

This is a discussion on Planned carry options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be receiving my upgraded permit. My plan is to purchase a CrossBreed mini-tuck left handed that I'd like ...

Planned carry options

Hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be receiving my upgraded permit. My plan is to purchase a CrossBreed mini-tuck left handed that I'd like to wear cross draw at about 1:30.

I had thought about buying a tuckable double mag holster, but the more I thought about it, I have a perfectly good back pocket weak side that would be ideal for that. I haven't found a double mag tuckable pocket holster for the back pocket in .380.

Has anyone had experience with cross draw, and what do you think about it?

Also, has anyone seen a double mag holster that could fit in my back pocket?
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Crossdraw is good if you will be doing a lot of sitting (riding in a car for a long period of time). However, I do not perfer to daily carry this way. In my opinion:

It is much easier for an attacker to get a solid grip on your weapon if you are carrying in the CD position.

And, when and if you ever have to draw your weapon, you will end up flaging civilians in the process. which could be a potentialy dangerious situation when you are under stress and the SHTF.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a
    large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

I like crossdraw. It seems natural for me. Problem is it doesn't conceal well with the butt forward.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Cowboy
    And, when and if you ever have to draw your weapon, you will end up flaging civilians in the process. which could be a potentialy dangerious situation when you are under stress and the SHTF
    Why do so many assume no one has proper muzzle discipline when they draw from anything but the "conventional" strong side carry? It's simply not true. I don't care for cross draw either, but there is NO reason to presume one can't draw and bring the weapon to bear on target without sweeping bystanders. Practice, and it will be natural to do it properly.

As to the mag holder, I use a double mag pouch from WRB in my front pocket for a 1911. Also have the same pouch for a single stack 9mm I use for my Kahr PM9. I'm sure one in .380 would work there, and would work in the back pocket too if the mags didn't stick out the top of the pocket (not sure what weapon/mags you are using). I do hope it's single stack though, double stack might be a bit thick....

Got mine from here It's the first item under Accessories
    Here's a picture of the .45 version (one on the right)

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    As to the mag holder, I use a double mag pouch from WRB in my front pocket for a 1911. Also have the same pouch for a single stack 9mm I use for my Kahr PM9. I'm sure one in .380 would work there, and would work in the back pocket too if the mags didn't stick out the top of the pocket (not sure what weapon/mags you are using). I do hope it's single stack though, double stack might be a bit thick....
    It's a .380 single stack for a Ruger LCP.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Got mine from here It's the first item under Accessories
    Here's a picture of the .45 version (one on the right)

That rubbery one was just what I was looking for. I'm ordering it as I type. This will help by increasing my carried rounds from 7 to 19. Thanks for the advice.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Links