Simply Rugged holster questions

This is a discussion on Simply Rugged holster questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm considering a simply rugged silver dollar holster for my Ruger Sp101. I have a lot of lower back pain so I would to know,if ...

Thread: Simply Rugged holster questions

Simply Rugged holster questions

I'm considering a simply rugged silver dollar holster for my Ruger Sp101. I have a lot of lower back pain so I would to know,if anyone here has one,if the holster is comfortable to wear? Second, anyone here buy the extra straps and wear one IWB style?

Thanks Much

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TWBryan View Post
    I'm considering a simply rugged silver dollar holster for my Ruger Sp101. I have a lot of lower back pain so I would to know,if anyone here has one,if the holster is comfortable to wear? Second, anyone here buy the extra straps and wear one IWB style?

Thanks Much

The pic is of my Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Loaded for a S&W 3" Model 60 which puts it into the same category as your Ruger SP-101. I have had this setup for nearly two years and can comment upon the holster. First, as the name suggests, the make up of the holster is truly simply rugged. Craftsmanship truly well done with the result a very, very strong, sturdy holster.

Note the belt loops on the holster in the pic allow you some flexibility in the way you choose to carry. I have an excellent gun belt and that makes a lot of difference in terms of carry comfort and I recommend that a good gun belt be added to the combo.

As far as straps are concerned I really do not feel that they are either necessary or called for on a carry combo as small/light as the Mod 60 or SP-101 where OWB is the selected carry mode. If you choose IWB as your carry mode then they are absolutely necessary. I have carried the combo in the pic IWB with the straps and they work quite well.

Excellent, high quality holster.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I use one to carry a Charter 44. Very comfortable. Has held up very well. I would buy another one without hesitation.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Thanks guys,can you tell me if the holster covers all metal on the inside section? Kind of like a shirtguard? My sweat will rust a gun in no time.

Links