Full Moon Clip Pouches

This is a discussion on Full Moon Clip Pouches within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've done a fair amount of searching on the internet for ammo/belt pouches that will hold 8 round .357 moon clips but with no luck. ...

Thread: Full Moon Clip Pouches

Full Moon Clip Pouches

I've done a fair amount of searching on the internet for ammo/belt pouches that will hold 8 round .357 moon clips but with no luck. Anyone have a source?

2. Remove Ads

Good news and bad news...

The good news is that Matt Del Fatti makes a full moon clip carrier that's really neat. The bad news is that you probably can't get one. He's got a 2 year backlog and isn't taking orders.

Check with Lightning Arms Sports, they're Del Fatti dealers but I don't know if they carry the moon clip pouches. Good luck.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Hmmmm, sounds like you need a "regular" six round revolver...wherein moon clip pouches are common like el paso...

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfvr View Post
    Hmmmm, sounds like you need a "regular" six round revolver...wherein moon clip pouches are common like el paso...

do they make a 5 round clip for a s&w 642 and I think I just fell in love with that belt clip...where can I find something like this...I love carrying my 642 just do not like my bianchi speed strip in pocket as it puts holes in the fabric.
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

It's not the most stable way of carrying moon clips but this little trick hasn't failed me yet: Use a belt slide that has (typically six) individual cartridge loops. Use two loops per moon clip. My holders are leather and I got them from El Paso Saddlery...in person, several years ago.

The ones made for .38/.357 work fine with 9mm moon clips, and I suspect with your 8 shot moonies, wldmoose. And the belt slide with loops for .44/.45 work fine with my .45acp moon clips.

A company called California Competition Works used to make spring steel moon clip holders for the six-shot .45acp clips, and perhaps other sizes too. (Product name was 'Shoot The Moon', last I looked Brownells still stocked them.) The plastic inserts in the middle were removable, which struck me as making the holders customizable if one was so inclined.

Ted Blocker Holsters is another company that still seems to make a lot of revolver-oriented carry gear. have a look at their site.

Links