Alternative belts?

Alternative belts?

This is a discussion on Alternative belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, so I have been searching around here and the internet the past few days for belt options. I have just ordered a supertuck and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative belts?

Alternative belts?

Okay, so I have been searching around here and the internet the past few days for belt options. I have just ordered a supertuck and expect it sometime soon. I know the belt I have now will not hold up so I need a new one. Let me go ahead and clarify that I've heard the beltman suggestions, I have checked them out and they look really really great, but $70 is just completely out of the question right now for me, still a poor college student for 6 more months

So I'm looking for some alternatives that will get me through a few months until I can drop the $$ on a beltman belt. I actually just purchased a decent looking leather belt from academy. The belt is made by columbia. It is double stiched, but not double leather. I know it's nowhere near the quality of a beltman, but I'm curious if you guys think it might work. It is better than a typical walmart belt for certain.

Another possibility I was looking at was the wilderness instructor belt. It is a much better price! I was wondering though if people had to constantly tighten it throughout the day? As far as the looks go for it, I'm sure I can get away with it for a few months, tucked or untucked shirt.

Any other suggestions are much appreciated. Also one last note, I was wanting to know if the fact that the supertuck is latched on two points of my belt if that will make a significant help with not having a leather "gun" belt.

Wow, that was longer than I expected, so if you've read this far, thanks so much!!!

Ask the government for a bailout lol.

Nah seriously I'd save up and get a good belt. Any quality belt will be in the $60+ range at least. You could go with a Nylon belt like a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch for about $40, but I'm going to say the extra $30 spent will be worth it. I have both and almost never use the wilderness belt anymore. It was ok for a while but when my beltman came in...that's all I wear. The Wilderness belt tends to dig into my sides when wearing it. That's my biggest complaint. I don't have to re-adjust it but it always feels a bit uncomfortable compared to my beltman belt, or any leather belt.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

A wise man once told me "The poor man pays twice!" I've been living that moto my whole life. If I can't afford what I really want I wait until I can- I don't compromise. If you do you will always be throwing money out the window.
    HK P2000 SK .40
    Crossbreed Supertuck & Beltman
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

The Original Instructor Belt, from Wilderness Tactical. A+ belt, and you will not need to re-tighten it any. Get the 5 stitch and it will support a Government sized 1911 with no problems. If you think you will need more load bearing capabilities, go with the insert (CSM) and you can hang the whole police officer on your side. ;o)
    "The trouble with small furry animals in a corner is that, just occasionally, one of them's a mongoose." - Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Member: NRA - GOA - Grassroots SC

BamaSteve, check your private message. PM sent

Under $40 for a Blackhawk leather belt

Any product by Wilderness is well worth the money. I have about five of their belts. If the velcro ever wears out you just send it back and they replace it for free. I have been wearing the Titanium Instructors Belt for a year. Nice not to have to remove it when I fly.

- Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

Second question...when ordering a belt, how much should I allow for the super-tuck and my smith and wesson m&p. For instance, I wear a size 38 belt now, but it's got more than half the holes left, additionally I am beginning to work out and lose some pounds. Should I continue with a 38 or up to a 40? For clarification, I don't have my super-tuck in yet.

If you're halfway through the holes and you're SERIOUS about losing weight, I'd keep the same size. Otherwise I'd go up a size.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    If you're halfway through the holes and you're SERIOUS about losing weight, I'd keep the same size. Otherwise I'd go up a size.
    I've decided to wait til I get my super-tuck and check it all with my current belt, that way I don't have to wonder about what size to get. Plus it will give me some more time to consider what belt I want to get. you guys have really got me leaning to beltman, might have to suck up the extra $30 or so.

$30 is less than one Friday nite out.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    $30 is less than one Friday nite out.
    my feeling exactly, I've read tons of threads on here about belts, and it seems to be unanimous that spending the extra on the beltman is worth every penny. And so far, everyone has been so helpful as I join the gun carrying crowd.

+1 for Wilderness belts. These guys are local to me. Have two 1.5" Instructor Belts. Love 'em. No chance of them coming loose with the buckle AND velcro.

I also have a 5.11 Instructor Belt in tan. Good belt, but I like uniformity and would rather have another Wilderness (yeah, I'm weird like that). What size waist are you? I'll sell it to you for dirt cheap:)
    HK45c V1

KydexBelt

Give them a call they are ~30 dollars and great belts

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    +1 for Wilderness belts. These guys are local to me. Have two 1.5" Instructor Belts. Love 'em. No chance of them coming loose with the buckle AND velcro.

I also have a 5.11 Instructor Belt in tan. Good belt, but I like uniformity and would rather have another Wilderness (yeah, I'm weird like that). What size waist are you? I'll sell it to you for dirt cheap:)
    I'm really thinking about getting the wilderness. I currently wear a 38 belt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links