Whipped this up today

This is a discussion on Whipped this up today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I made one sorta like this for this pistol not long ago but it rides a little lower then I wanted. So I set out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whipped this up today

Whipped this up today

I made one sorta like this for this pistol not long ago but it rides a little lower then I wanted. So I set out to make another that rides a little higher.. Came up with this..

This last one just to show how close this holster holds the pistol to my body...

The wings are a little wider on this one but it helps displace the weight of the pistol.. Of coarse the loops are Dave's...

One last thing I just put these red cocobola smooth thin grips from Fusion on and they are SUPER NICE!!!!
    “Dollars and guns are no substitutes for brains and will power” Dwight D Eisenhower

Here are some of my holsters........

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Looks great! The loops sure set off the holster. For some reason the pistol looks huge. Maybe it's just the photo though.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I agree, The pistol looks HUGE, How do you conceal that monster. The gun looks almost bigger than you.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

It has to be the photo because I'm 6 foot 2 and 250 pounds..

I normally hide this thing in a Mac Daniel II with lots of cant!!! Yup I own leather too
    “Dollars and guns are no substitutes for brains and will power” Dwight D Eisenhower

Maybe its just me but id be worried about my gun falling out of that thing the way it's front is open..

Hey Southbound your work is impressive. Are you taking orders on your holsters because I have some ideas that I would like to try.

I have been carrying like this for some time now and I have yet to have any kind of incident...There is a lot more retention to these rigs then you may think....

Like a thong holster
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Southbound

Okay man. I am going to have to hit you up for something for my Commander. I really dig the OD Green!!
    Nice work as usual!!

Looks like a good speed rig.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by CTurner91 View Post
    Maybe its just me but id be worried about my gun falling out of that thing the way it's front is open..
    My thought exactly. Seems like an accidental rap on the grip could knock it forward and out.

I'll assume it's secure, but I don't think I could get comfortable with it. Looks great though!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Like a thong holster
    Someone here on DC.com dubbed the last one I made with the screw in front a "BIKINI"....So I have named this one the Bikini II

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Wolf View Post
    Okay man. I am going to have to hit you up for something for my Commander. I really dig the OD Green!!
    Nice work as usual!!
    That's not a problem.. You know the drill tho you will have to send the blue gun my way

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    My thought exactly. Seems like an accidental rap on the grip could knock it forward and out.

I'll assume it's secure, but I don't think I could get comfortable with it. Looks great though!
    I can make this type of holster with a retention screw and normally I do. Either way I can make this so tight that the Kydex will lock to the trigger guard and you wont get it out short of cutting..

Nice! I like the way the front is cut lower. Requiring less upward motion during the draw.

Holster

Consider it there. LOL.

PM me a price or we can horse trade. LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links