Belly Bands?

This is a discussion on Belly Bands? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anybody here use a belly band to carry? I want to try one, but one that is proven. I see several on Ebay....I just ...

Thread: Belly Bands?

Belly Bands?

Does anybody here use a belly band to carry? I want to try one, but one that is proven. I see several on Ebay....I just want a recommendation on one that somebody on here has used. A PM9 will be the largest gun in it. Thanks
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

2. Remove Ads

I received a Spec Gear truss holster for Christmas and have been wearing it for about a week. After I have spent a little more time wearing it, I will do a full review with pictures. But so far, I like it. The suspenders help support some of the weight of the gun and it is pretty easy to access when wearing a button down shirt. It is perfect for me because I hate IWB holsters, cannot wear an OWB holster at work, and always wear button down shirts at work. Added bonus is all the pockets. I carry an H&K P2000 SK or a Colt 1911 CCO, extra mag, and a flashlight without any trouble whatsoever.

I have found two issues with the holster. I have the cross draw holster and it is canted backwards to assist with concealment. The problem is this makes the gun a little more difficult to access but nothing that practice won't resolve. The other problem was that the muzzle of the 1911 went past the holster. So when I draw, the front sight was catching on the elastic material and stopping the draw. I fixed this with buying some white velcro and attaching it to the bottom to prevent the muzzle from coming out the bottom of the holster. Works great now. So far, I'm sold.

Wow....all I want to carry is a little Kahr PM9. That thing looks like something Rambo would use

I bought a Bulldog belly band holster off MidwayUSA for 14.99. I use it when I carry my LCP and it disappears. If you intend to use one I would were an undershirt for comfort. The belly band gives almost unlimited options of where to locate the gun on waist for comfort and concealment.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I get along well with my Galco Bellyband when I use it. It fits comfortably and allows several carry position options. The gun disappears.

I use a belly band for my glock 26. like another poster said, if you wear a shirt under the band it's more comfortable. I don't like wearing it all day, but when you need to make a small gun disappear it's great.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

I seen one that the inside of the band was covered wirh surgical cloth to make it more comfortable too.

I have looked at them (belly bands) but still have one question BEFORE I would buy: will the belly band MOVE ? How do I put this ? Will it slide down or up in the course of wearing it....... my jeans ride UNDER my belly (yes, I made the decision whether the belt goes over or under a while ago). Seems to me the 42 belly and 36 belt will have the belly band going south and therefore LOOSE in short order. If I'm wrong, I'll buy a belly band today.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsetrader View Post
    I have looked at them (belly bands) but still have one question BEFORE I would buy: will the belly band MOVE ? How do I put this ? Will it slide down or up in the course of wearing it....... my jeans ride UNDER my belly (yes, I made the decision whether the belt goes over or under a while ago). Seems to me the 42 belly and 36 belt will have the belly band going south and therefore LOOSE in short order. If I'm wrong, I'll buy a belly band today.
    Think man girdle with a gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a belly band for something? Never used it actually.

I've got a "Defender" "breathable belly band (online). When I want total concealment - it's the way to go.

I've got the size that is meant to fit my S&M 340. They listed a little smaller size for the LCP/Keltec .380's. But I find that the one I have works for both guns.

I wear a "wife beater" t- shirt under it and find it comfortable and the band doesn't move around at all.

A good thing about a band is that it can be worn in a number of draw positions, depending on preference. For a little more money you can have a pocket put on the oposite side also for almost unlimited possibilities. Also, it can be had regular or with a cant for the main pocket. The cant limits the position possibilities somewhat though.

The better ones usually come with an aditional pocket for a spare magazine.

It's not my first choice of carry. It only gets used a small percent of time. But often it's the absolute best for concealment. It is also good for jogging, swim wear, and such with sweat pants etc. when no other holster could be used.

Relatively small investment for an option to the usual styles of carry IMO.

I've used my Defender belly band when having the gun hanging on my belt would be a hassle for concealment. Mine is a bit worn but was the only way I used to carry my walther ppk/s and has worked with my Warthog but I'm probably going to get their custom features version soon as I can add cant and have a thumbreak which will secure the gun much better since this isnt a rigid holster. Wearing it over a t-shirt can help if the stiffer velcro area edge irritates. YMMV

ps - I wear it at my waist with the gun 3:30 to 4:00, pretty much where I carry OWB

I have used a "stoner holsters" strapless sholder holster for a year and love it!

Links