Found the World's Ugliest and Most Useless Holster

This is a discussion on Found the World's Ugliest and Most Useless Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Get a load of this from Pachmayr. This is what happens when you let your designers drink on the job. http://cgi.ebay.com/Parhmayr-T-A-C-T...QQcmdZViewItem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Found the World's Ugliest and Most Useless Holster

Found the World's Ugliest and Most Useless Holster

Get a load of this from Pachmayr. This is what happens when you let your designers drink on the job.http://cgi.ebay.com/Parhmayr-T-A-C-T...QQcmdZViewItem
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

2. Remove Ads

What a goofy lookin' holster, I wouldn't try it. Is that supposed to fit in a pocket?

It's supposed to be a back-pocket holster for cops. Apparently it was designed by a cop, according to the ad. I'd opt for an ankle or weakside IWB for a duty backup rather than that thing. Yikes.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I don't know how practical it would be in real life, (probably not at all) but I can see where they were thinking. Not a bad idea, really. But It could be laid out better.

One other thing, it looks like it would make it hard to open the cylinder for reloading.
    njr likes this.

Gotta be the worst idea that Pach has come up with.............Must have been designed on a Friday, just before a Lay-off came.........
    Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn is that a disgusting lookin "holster"
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Assistant Administrator
    With Bob here - a definite Friday-night job - maybe too an element of ''designed by committee''
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Looks wayyyy too big to use as a backup piece. Yuo would need huge pockets, and the barrel and cylinder would still be exposed to lint and pocket debris.

It's more like something you'd put your gun in if it was going to rest in a tacklebox than a holster... but wait? Do they actually mean for the user to fire this thing with the holster still on it? It looks like it attaches via the replacement grip that seems to be built into the holster. They've got to be kidding.

Reminds me of those plastic models I use to build when I was 8. "Glue part 118A to part 118B...."
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    With Bob here - a definite Friday-night job - maybe too an element of ''designed by committee''
    Def a friday night special LOL...........or maybe somebody was in the Board Room........"discussing" the design over a drinkypoo or something like it...........WOW...........I've seen weird stuff.....but nuthin like that..
    Colt had a Skelletan (SP) style holster, made for the Detective Spl, and Cobra.........hard rubber/plastice, but WAY better than that thing pictured LOL

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Def a friday night special LOL...........or maybe somebody was in the Board Room........"discussing" the design over a drinky-poo or something like it...........WOW...........I've seen weird stuff.....but nuthin like that.. Where does one get these kind of ideas?
    Colt had a Skelletan (SP) style holster, made for the Detective Spl, and Cobra.........hard rubber/plastic but WAY better than that thing pictured LOL

Administrator

I'd Put It my Tackle Box All Right

And use it for "stupid bait" to catch a dumb fish.
    Silly idea.

Looks like sort of a knock off clone of the ones with a built in laser for the really small pocket autos.

Have you all seen those?
    At least they DO something.

That is the SmartCarry Laser Unit for the little Seecamp...makes a bit more sense.

I remember when these were marketed by Pachmyer in the mid-90s; around the time I started making holsters. Not really a knock-off of the Seecamp laser design; I think they came out way before that. A fellow officer friend of mine had one. He use to carry it in his front jacket pocket . He'd stand there on car stops and pedestrian stops with his hand in his pocket and a gun pointed at someone and they'd never know. (Don't ever think a cop standing with his hands in his pockets is being lazy and not tactically savy. This may be the case sometimes but not always). Yes, the J-frame Smith snaps into it and it can be fired with the entire unit in place around the gun. Based on this, it is probably now illegal to own with a gun installed as it would fall under the Class III NFA guidelines for an AOW that covers wallet holsters.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Mike's right. I handled one of them ages ago, and it was really pretty handy. The ATF ruling on the "Wallet Holster", was founded on the "fact" that the pistol so-carried could not readily be identified as a gun, when produced (drawn)- so I would say these should be fine. Worth checking into, if you were interested.... It fits nicely into the back pocket of a pair of Levi's , covered with a mid-length jacket.

Although I'd have NO interest in this strange carry "device," I do wonder why we bother describing a holster's "looks," as if it were a fashion accessory.

After all, when its "working right," it isn't going to be seen!

If I find myself pointing a gun, even one encased in such an odd-looking thing as that, uh. . . Well. . . Thing, I'd not be particularly concerned about it offending anyone's fashion sensibilities.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links