M&P Compact Fobus Roto

This is a discussion on M&P Compact Fobus Roto within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are your thoughts? Fobus Holster: S&W- M&P 9mm, .40, .45 - EVOLUTION ROTO-HOLSTERô PADDLE Questions, does the rotation have a lock when you find ...

Thread: M&P Compact Fobus Roto

M&P Compact Fobus Roto

What are your thoughts?

Fobus Holster: S&W- M&P 9mm, .40, .45 - EVOLUTION ROTO-HOLSTERô PADDLE

Questions, does the rotation have a lock when you find the cant you like? Or is the rotation continuous?

Any one with experience with the Roto Evaluation paddle holster. Please give me a review?

2. Remove Ads

It locks in place by tighting the allen screw on the back side of holster. I have the thumb lever version and love it.

Administrator
    Fobus makes what I like to call "hold over holsters". They are inexpensive and honestly... junk. But, they are good to for holding you over until you are able to get a better holster.

With that said, the roto works as its supposed to, but it is big and bulky.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm with Sixto. Fobus ='s crap in my experience. Save your money for a real holster.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Fobus makes what I like to call "hold over holsters". They are inexpensive and honestly... junk. But, they are good to for holding you over until you are able to get a better holster.

With that said, the roto works as its supposed to, but it is big and bulky.
    I bought one several years ago as a "hold over holster" for one of my guns, but the fit was so poor and the concealability so bad that I just tossed it in the holster box without ever using it. I guess the roto feature was what had initially caught my interest.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I bought one several years ago as a "hold over holster" for one of my guns, but the fit was so poor and the concealability so bad that I just tossed it in the holster box without ever using it. I guess the roto feature was what had initially caught my interest.
    I know Fobus had a problem of mispackaged holsters a while back. For example, a holster for a Glock made it into a package marked for a 1911.
    "Just blame Sixto"

While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Thanks all, for the input.

My Fobus Holster actually is one of my best holsters. I do understand that you can get a really trustworthy one for more. My ankle holster has my life on it.

My first holster was a Fobus paddle for my HK USP. I hated it, it felt like it was sticking out 6 inches and was impossible to conceal. I also decided that Paddle holsters are the least comfortable and least steady platform for me. For OWB, I find that a pancake holster with snaps goes on as fast as a paddle, rides much closer to the body thus concealing better, It is also much more stable. For IWB I like clips.

After I quickly switched over to leather, the Fobus has remained unused in the back of a drawer ever since. In fact if any of you want a FOBUS paddle for a USPf, you can have it for he cost of sending me a self addressed stamped envelope

When I first saw fobus holsters I thought they was It,after buying one I realised they weren't a very good concealment holster,I use crossbreed holsters exclusively
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have had no problem concealing with a Fobus paddle. It does not hold the gun as close to the body as a pancake does, but neither does the Askins and some other designs.

Who would stand an permit someone to come at you and rip your gun or holster off?
    If you were carrying concealed who would know?
    I think the video is hokey. I once asked a friend, a firearms instructor, to rip mine off with one quick jerk. He failed.
    The Fobus is not kydex.

I would not get the roto, but I like the Evolution Series standard paddle.

In my view the Fobus paddle is a good choice for a "wait until" holster if an OWB will be OK.

I have 6 for different guns, and have used them for over 10 years with satisfaction.

Regards,
    Jerry

Administrator
    The very first Fobus rigs were worse than awful.
    Way back when they sent me samples.

They were so bad that I didn't even want to throw them away with my other garbage. I didn't want to insult my other trash.

Fobus has changed some things around and did some redesign work on their newer rigs.

I have no idea if they are better or not as I'm sticking with leather for ideal concealment.

If anybody wants to do some honest evaluations of the newer Fobus holsters for the forum - you're more than welcome to do so.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links