Votes: 2 0.7%
  • K&D

Votes: 29 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 86 30.2%

Who's Your Favorite Holster Maker?

8K views 87 replies 76 participants last post by  Wasabi 
#1 ·
Well we've had I don't know how many threads we've have on favorite guns etc.

So who's your favorite holster maker?

I know it will be near impossible to list them all so if you do choose other, please provide info. Poll is multiple choice.

16 options, that's just too few. :frown:

I don't have any "one" favorite, so don't ask. :bier:

#2 ·
I have a pretty limited scope. I've owned Blackhawk!, Galco, Specter, and Milt Sparks. Only the Galco and Sparks were leather. The galco is nice, but definitely has a "factory" fit and finish to it. The Sparks was absolutely beautiful. Fit like a glove, great finish, great quality and stitching, great design...I could go on.

I would however like to eventually try an HBE or UBG. The only thing I wasn't sure if I liked about the Canute was that it didn't have a mouth support (or whatever it is you call the strip that keeps the holster open with no gun).

#4 ·
I have to say that of all the holstermakers listed, I like Uncle Lou the best. He is an icon in holstermaking and a great guy to boot. I happen to have lucked out that I live about an hour away from him, so I've had a chance to watch the master at work and pick his brains a little. His design for the PCH is one of the most innovative designs I've seen.

Another name not mentioned that I have to say is an amazing holster make is Nossar in South America. The most incredibly thin holsters w/ exquisite details in craftsmanship. Anyone looking for a new holster should consider his work. You won't regret it.

#7 ·
I did notice the absence of Gary Bromeland and I very much enjoy his contribution to the CCW holster industry! :wink:

#9 ·
My experience is limited in that I've only ever owned one holster, the crossbreed supertuck. I've handled a few others, but the crossbreed simply fits me and my needs to the letter!

#11 ·
I am staying out of the poll as I don't have experience with most of the makers. I love the craftsmanship of Hume and sparks but do not own any..... I do often recommend crossbreed because it's a great holster with great customer service.

#15 · (Edited)
Must've been tough to choose which names to include in the poll, but obviously (and inevitably) some will be left off.

My favorite is Milt Sparks, so it was easy for me. Others who could be placed into the mix include probably a couple dozen or so (can't do that many options with a V Bulletin Poll I don't think).

Andrews and Tucker are two I was surprised weren't there, and Pure Custom though new to holsters has really gotten a alot of attention on this site. But like I said, I'm sure it was hard doing the list.

The top four holsters I see recommended between several web sites include the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2, the Crossbreed Supertuck, the Comptac CTac/MTac holsters and the Andrews McDaniel 2.

#16 ·
I suggest Bob Mernickle, for made-to-order concealed-carry rigs that ride higher and more comfortably than anybody else's. Go to: http://www.mernickleholsters.com/
I suggest Robert Mika, for really practical, really inexpensive pocket holsters made to order and, if you like, with your own modifications. Go to: http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

#18 ·
Milt Sparks - quality holsters and awesome customer service:hand10:

#20 ·
I voted other. Me. I love leather holsters! I really like the fancy, high dollar ones most. I carry a 1911A most of the time, OWB. My take on holsters are that if I carry a big gun, and a big holster, that's just too much weight! I like small leather OWB holsters, so I make my own. Sometimes I carry a Bull Dog, or my PT58HC. Here again, I can't find what I want out there on the market, so I make my own.

#21 ·
I had to vote for Eric at HBE. He makes beautiful holsters and is such a pleasure to deal with. If I had some dealings with Nate at UBG, I think I would have added him too. From everything I've seen on the forum, Nate is as great as Eric is.

#22 ·
Since I have more holsters made by Haugen Handgun Leather I chose them. High quality, great fit, and outstanding service.

#24 · (Edited)
I've worked myself down to three holster makers that are used because they make a particular style of holster.

My Hedley carries a Seecamp. This is a fine holster and I'm very happy I bought it, as he's no longer making them.

Galco makes several of the best holsters I've used over the years. The way they mold the gun to the body side of the holster is very comfortable. The Fletch and Concealable both saw use. Galco makes very good shoulder holsters, in particular the Executive. I've also used the Miami Classic and recently the Half Harness, (for when you want an Executive in a larger gun). That their shoulder holsters can be modified, modulized and adapted to particular needs is a big plus in my opinion.

Mitch Rosen's Premier is another holster that just filled the bill for me.

#26 ·
I voted:

Other - Tucker Gunleather. The Answer is for my EDC (1911). Also have 2 HF-1s, 2 mag pouches and a gunbelt.

HBE - Eric's ComIII for my Hi-Powers is a work of art.

DeSantis - For pocket-carrying holsters (Nemesis and Superfly) and mag pouches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.