New P239 - I need ideas for a very concealed undetectable holster for Concealed Carry

New P239 - I need ideas for a very concealed undetectable holster for Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on New P239 - I need ideas for a very concealed undetectable holster for Concealed Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi. I just purchased a brand new Sig Sauer P239 a few days ago I had never really considered a Sig Sauer until now but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi.

I just purchased a brand new Sig Sauer P239 a few days ago I had never really considered a Sig Sauer until now but it caught my attention when I held it; I knew it was the right gun. It is my favorite CCW as of now.

I am looking for a holster (can be a shirt, belly band, smartcarry style, anything really, I just need ideas and all are appreciated =) for my P239. I want it to be absolutely undetectable. I already own a Belly Band, a Medium size Smartcarry, and a 4 O'Clock Tucker Leather IWB. I want it to be more concealed than all of those.

Please send some ideas if you have some!

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by kashton; January 13th, 2009 at 10:14 PM.

I use a smart carry with my p239 and its undetectable. Its very comfortable standing and walking, however sitting down the (decocked) hammer can dig into my gut :*(. Anyhow, its deep concealment and will work for now but I am looking at getting a CrossBreed IWB holster.

Hope this helps.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    That gun is super easy to conceal. The grip is what sticks out of your waistband and it's definitely got a tiny grip. Whatever you decide, it won't be hard to hide. I'll leave it at that.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Hmmmm... Let's see... more concealed than either a belly band, SmartCarry, or a Tucker IWB - and you want speedy access... hmmm...

Sorry - I got nothin' better than those 3 methods you already have.

Seriously - more concealed than a SmartCarry or belly band?

Perhaps you need advice on clothing? Baggy, frumpy and out-of-style works great for deep concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    Hmmmm... Let's see... more concealed than either a belly band, SmartCarry, or a Tucker IWB - and you want speedy access... hmmm...

Perhaps you need advice on clothing? Baggy, frumpy and out-of-style works great for deep concealment.
    Speedy access is not important as long is it is within 5 seconds.

you could consider an ankle holster as long as you don't wear shorts. But consider the draw backs as well (slow access, exposure to dirt...). I don't own a smart carry, but would think there is nothing more concealed then it. Personally I am a big MTAC fan, but it is probably a bit easier to spot then a smart carry.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Look at the Galco SkyOps. I think it appears to be the most inconspicuous looking tuckable holster.... as far as the clips go.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

SuperTuck all the way!
    Pray for our nations leaders!

i bought my 239 new last year.i use a kydex holster at the 4;00 position.it sits very low and is easy to conceal.i just ordered another kydex holster the deep 6 from Talon Tactical, ill let all know how it works when i get it.it will be mailed out tomorrow.i like kydex because my gun pulls out like lightning.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Look at the Galco SkyOps. I think it appears to be the most inconspicuous looking tuckable holster.... as far as the clips go.
    I have the SkyOps for the 239 and I'm not super happy with it--it's too thick and doesn't sit very well concealed on my body (6', 180).

I have a Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster in the mail (Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster) and a Raven being made (Raven Concealment Systems - Holsters).

The only thing you might be missing in your collection is the Deep Conceal.

Good luck with the 239.
    Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post

Yea, plus one on above post.
    IMHO SmartCarry with the right style pants/shorts can't be beat.
    I wear pleated Dockers with a deep inseam and can draw quicker from my pistol crotch pouch than a tucked IWB.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Just posted in your other thread, too. If you can tuck, the MTAC and a tucked shirt go very well with this small gun. Though, I'd have to agree with the other posters that if concealability is your absolute number one priority, the SmartCarry or belly band seem like great ideas. You could also try one of the holster shirts.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

My shooting buddy bought a few of the 511 Tactical Holster Shirts and likes them a lot. I can't personally attest to comfort but I can say that unless you patted him down, you'd never know his Kahr PM9 was there. Speed of access would depend on how willing you were to rip the buttons off your shirt to get to it.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Speed of access would depend on how willing you were to rip the buttons off your shirt to get to it.
    You can have a couple of buttons restitched as fakes, and put some velcro in to seal the shirt under them. I think fed_wif_a_sig has pointed out that method...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Administrator

Or if you really need your firearm to save your bacon you could just say: "Ta Heck With My Doggone Shirt!" and rip your unaltered shirt buttons off and then go buy yourself a new shirt right before you meet with your lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    You can have a couple of buttons restitched as fakes, and put some velcro in to seal the shirt under them. I think fed_wif_a_sig has pointed out that method...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links