Andrew's Leather Holster ?

This is a discussion on Andrew's Leather Holster ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I am looking at the holsters from Andrew's Leather for my newly acquired S&W 5906. Was wondering if his MacDaniel's II crossdraw can also ...

Thread: Andrew's Leather Holster ?

Andrew's Leather Holster ?

Hello,

I am looking at the holsters from Andrew's Leather for my newly acquired S&W 5906. Was wondering if his MacDaniel's II crossdraw can also be used as a strong side IWB holster as well. It doesn't specifically say it on his website. Am assuming that it does, since is say's that the MacDaniel's II crossdraw
    shares all the characteristics of the original MacDaniel design
    . I drive quite a bit, so having the ability to switch to crossdraw seems like a major benefit to me.

Paul

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Also on the site under the Crossdraw it states "The original rear mount hardware is retained to offer both carry options. A plug screw is provided for the one not in use."

The answer is yes. Nice holster, I need to try one some day.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I have one and it works well. I also have one of his Car Jacker Crossdraws mounted on my seatbelt which works well to.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

T-Bone,

Now I realize there actually is such a thing as a "stupid question." Not sure how I skipped over that part of the webpage.

ELCruisr,

Glad to hear a positive response on the holster. I currently have a BlackHawk CQC holster, and it works great for strongside and can be used as crossdraw as well with adjustments for cant. But it is fairly difficult to conceal, and rides fairly low, as I am 5'5" and 140lbs long shirts to conceal it make me look like I wearing clothes way too big for me. The crossdraw option is a big plus for me, as I have my CCW coming soon, and often target practice with my inlaws that live about 2 hours away from me, so having it comfortable while driving is a needed feature.

Paul

Sam makes great holsters.

I have the McDaniels X-draw as well. It's a nice holster. The retention is much less than I was expecting (I spent no time breaking it in), but the rear "wing" keeps it pretty stable on the hip. I'd reccomend it.

Jonesy,

Glad to hear another positive response from someone that has one. Talked with Andrew's Leather yesterday, and they said they would begin another production run next week, so it should take about 4-5 weeks. Would really like to get their Monarch rig, but the $95 is an easier pricetag for me to take now, instead of $225 of the Monarch.

Paul

I've got one, though find myself running it strong side using two tabs for stabilization. I like it, and Mr. Andrews epitomized customer service.
    God, country, family.

Links