Holster advice

Holster advice

This is a discussion on Holster advice within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone. I've been browsing gun related forums for the past month since I bought my Glock 23, and this is by far my favorite ...

Thread: Holster advice

Holster advice

Hey everyone. I've been browsing gun related forums for the past month since I bought my Glock 23, and this is by far my favorite board. Based on all the old threads I've read, you all will probably give me some good advice.

I got my permit a few weeks ago and I'm new to carrying. The first holster I bought was an Uncle Mike's IWB of poor quality, but it did it's job, which was help me figure out on what hip I want to carry (right hip, I'm right handed). I tossed it and upgraded to a Tagua slide holster. I like it, but it's still not what I want for carrying everyday. I want an IWB holster that covers the entire barrel of the gun and covers the side that's closest to my body all the way up the slide. Also, I want a holster that doesn't lose its shape so I can reholster with one hand. The high noon down under pictured in the Holster 101 thread seems to fit the bill, but I was wondering if any of you know of or use anything similar, or that is close to/exactly what I'm looking for. I'd like to spend around $50.
    Last edited by QKShooter; January 15th, 2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: minor correction

There are literally hundreds of holster makers that you can contact and buy from via the net. Let me give you some pretty good makers with which to begin but, above all, keep finding and visiting sites and learning all you can. It will help you make a decision. To begin with, take a look at FIST, Galco, Don Hume, and Comp-Tac. Good luck in your choice
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I would consider the crossbreed as it is a quality holster in your price range. The crossbreed won't cover the entire barrel, but I don't think that will be a huge deal for you. This holster is worn by many forum members here, and most will agree it's a one of the best holsters you can get within a couple weeks. The customer service is incredible and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Crossbreed supertuck holster makes it easy to re-holster with one hand. Also you will find that it is very comfortable to wear all day, I regularly carry a XD45 and forget I have it on. Also this holster will allow you to tuck in a shirt when most holster won't allow it. anyways hope this helps, welcome to the forum
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Sponsored Links