Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!! - Page 2

Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!!

This is a discussion on Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I was talking about printing and the wallet, I don't think I was being clear. I meant by moving my wallet to my "weak" ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!!

When I was talking about printing and the wallet, I don't think I was being clear. I meant by moving my wallet to my "weak" side rear pocket, when I reach for my wallet, I have much less chance of exposing my gun now. It didn't take long to get used to at all.

I figured I'd go ahead and toss my pic in the bucket:

I didn't even the shirt out before I took the pic. Too late now.

-JT

I carry my Glock 27 with no grip extension in a Supertuck at 3:00. I carry it in the lowest ride. No matter what holster I am using (I have 4 that I use consistently, depending on my clothing and activities), I carry somewhere from 3:00 up to 1:30-2:00. I have been convinced by Mercop of Modern Combative Systems that appendix carry is the way to go, but I have trouble doing it IWB. I compromise by never carrying behind 3:00.

My only complaint with the Supertuck is that the clips squeak on when I don't tuck (which I usually don't). I stuck little pieces of moleskin between the clips an the leather of the holster to alieviate that, and it works for the most part.

I have found that the Supertuck is by far the most comfortable IWB I have tried for summer use. The leather against bare skin is very, very comfortable.

JSBaker, how old is your Supertuck? Mine squeaked when I first got it, but it doesn't make a sound now.

-JT

Here are some really horrible pics (sorry) but pics none the less of me wearing my SuperTuck with M&P 45 in it. I took these pics minutes ago and I usually wear this setup untucked just for faster draw. Wearing it at about 3:30.
    Attached Images
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    JSBaker, how old is your Supertuck? Mine squeaked when I first got it, but it doesn't make a sound now.

-JT
    Mine will be a year old in March.

Huh...mine didn't take anywhere near that long to stop squeaking.

Maybe you've got a rubber duckie squeak toy stuck in there?

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Huh...mine didn't take anywhere near that long to stop squeaking.

Maybe you've got a rubber duckie squeak toy stuck in there?

-JT
    Mine squeaks too, but I offset it by my TDI squeaking on my weak side .
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I moved the CST aft incrementally until it no longer dug into my upper thigh when I crouched down / squatted. This placed it about 0330-0400 and it wears perfectly there now.

I tried wearing the Crossbreed SuperTuck with a dress shirt, trousers, tie, etc., but found it to be a royal pain in the ass to get the shirt just right worrying about printing more than anything. I carry my EMP at work either in a 5.11 Holster T-shirt (outstanding, printless carry) or in the SmartCarry (best concealment of all with easier access). I wear the Crossbreed exclusively with casual wear, usually never tucking in a shirt over it though unless it is a flannel or heavier type shirt however. I wear the SmartCarry all around the house from the moment I get out of bed and into sweats though.

I carry mine between 3:00 and 4:00. If I have to tuck my shirt in then it is a 4:00, if not you can tell the bulge in the pants. My dad saw me one day and said that I looked like a dead guy in a coffin, because it made my hip look like it was out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovernm View Post
    I carry mine between 3:00 and 4:00. If I have to tuck my shirt in then it is a 4:00, if not you can tell the bulge in the pants. My dad saw me one day and said that I looked like a dead guy in a coffin, because it made my hip look like it was out of place.
    exactly...my wife says when I wear it at 3 that it makes one side "straight up and down and the other has curve".... her words...not mine...but if she can see that (of course, I hope no one else is staring at my butt) others probably can too.

sorry I haven't responded back been at work and no access to the thread....but you guys are doing great....the pictures and explantions are exactly was I was looking for.

I wore mine to the office today (tucked) for the first time. put on the velcro clips this morning and gave it a whirl at 4:00...at least it's cold and worse case, I can put my coat on if someone gives me funny looks...I attached pictures of that setup....apparently no one noticed because nobody freaked on me. I've moved it around to 3 to for the afternoon portion of the day....we'll see how that works.

PS...man...who knew how hard it'd be to take pictures of yourself in the mirror???
    Attached Images
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

dang....forgot the "money shot"

and the last couple are of the 3 that I'm trying this afternoon.
    look forward to reading and seeing all the responses when I get home!

thanks and keep em coming!
    FOM
    Attached Images

get the compact mp. it will make a huge differnt

Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    get the compact mp. it will make a huge differnt
    not really an option....and besides...I've got the holster to make it work....just have to find the sweet spot.

well...I ended up wearing it at 4:00 all morning til lunch...then decided to switch to 3 for this afternoon. got home and put it back at 4 and went out til now....I've got to say I like the 4:00 the best and think it probably prints the least there.

come on now.... I know we've got a BUNCH of supertuck users on here....post your pics and how you do it. Plus....what a great advertisement for Mark and his company.... if you really appreciate his work...then post them pics

I wear Dockers Classic (pleated) and tucked polos. After going through the same concerns you have, I ended up carrying at 2 o'clock tucked and 3:30 untucked.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links