Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!!

This is a discussion on Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by fisherofman BUZZGUM...... thank you VERY much!!! that's what I was looking for. your information and the pictures are very helpful!! where do ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fisherofman View Post

BUZZGUM......
    thank you VERY much!!! that's what I was looking for. your information and the pictures are very helpful!! where do you have your clips?? I'm guessing very little forward cant caused by the clips with where you are wearing it??
    Oh, forgot that part. Looking at the back of the holster, the left clip is the 3rd hole up from the bottom and the right clip is at the very top hole. I went with this set up because it helps my gun sit deeper into my pants.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by fisherofman View Post
    .......I am committed to carrying as often as possible, but if I do so at work, it will have to be undetectable. ....
    It is much harder to conceal a full size auto when tucking. If carrying at work, you might want to down size. It is the buldge that will give you away - and yes, people will notice the tumor growing on your side. I find it hard to conceal even my Glock 27 when tucking. If you can wear an additional cover garment - then you are great tucking and the V clips.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    It is much harder to conceal a full size auto when tucking. If carrying at work, you might want to down size. It is the buldge that will give you away - and yes, people will notice the tumor growing on your side. I find it hard to conceal even my Glock 27 when tucking. If you can wear an additional cover garment - then you are great tucking and the V clips.
    yeah...that's my concern. The Vclips worked great. several members of our management have CHLs...I don't think they carry at work (as we have a no weapons policy) but they'd no doubt know what to look for. not real sure how much they'd inforce the policy, afterall, both me an the #2 guy have pulled out our knives (both have the clip that go on your pocket) and shown them off. Our #1 guy and several under him are into guns and talk openly about them....but there are several that would freak too....so I think definately have to be undetectable. I'll keep playing with it and see what I come up with...but so far 4:00 seems to be the best way.

anyone else???? pics??? locations?
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

not real sure how much they'd inforce the policy
    I wouldn't risk it in this job environment. At my work, policy is policy and willful disobedience is grounds for termination.
    --never fight with an idiot, for he'll bring you down to his level and beat you by experience.--

"Stupid is forever. You can't change stupidity." - Temple's Basketball Coach John Chaney to the home crowd

I carry an XD40 sc in the same place you've got it in the pix. I found the the shorter mag in the subcompact makes a HUGE difference in how much I get gouged in the kidneys compared to the full size mag. It is amazing how much difference 3/4" on the grip makes for comfort and concealment. My wife never comments unless I've got the full size mag, and then she notices it poking out the back of my t-shirt or sweatshirt. It's less of a problem with a heavier button shirt. I don't very often tuck my shirt, and if I do, I usually put the holster outside the shirt and wear a fleece vest or other cover garment over it. I haven't had much luck tucking over the gun - the ole 'tumor on your hip' phenomenon that I haven't figured out how to avoid.

I still carry my wallet in my strong side hip pocket. With only a 3" barrel, it stops an inch and a half or so above my wallet. I guess I've gotten used to the idea of carefully reaching for and removing my wallet without exposing the gun - I don't really notice it being in the way. Besides, reaching for my wallet in a hold up seems like the perfect cover when you're really reaching for some extra persuasion.

Adjust the cant of the gun more forward it conceals better and draws better for me I have at least a 15 degree cant
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

thanks to all of you for your imput....I really think the 4:00 position is going to be best. I wore it out all day Saturday like that and it's comfy when sitting like that, conceals well (Especially untucked) and just feels good all around. I had a pretty good can't on it already, but adjusted it on more notch and it seemed to help.

Got terribly sick about 2am sunday morning and am just now back to "normal"...so I haven't played with it much since then. I'll continue to mess with it til I find the "sweet spot"...I know it's there and I know it's doable...I just have to work it out.

thanks for all the pics, explanations and helpful advice...and by all means....if you haven't posted your pics yet of how you wear your Crossbreed....let's seem um!
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Sorry to revive an old thread but I use my otter box belt clip right near the bulge when I'm tucking to distract.. Also you could hang some keys or something like that.

I carry the Sig P229 at 3:00, but after a while, I noticed the holster/gun would move to the 3:30 position due to me going about my day, So I figured that is where my body wanted the gun to be carried.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I also switched from a normal wallet. After reading on this forum and some ideas I now keep a small money clip with license, CWP, and active card where it can't be seen. I have another card case with old credit cards and any other stuff and a little cash in it so that if I am robbed, I can give them the card case, and only be out insurance cards and stuff replaceable. My important stuff stays hidden. I have my CC at about 3:30.
    Beretta Open.JPG
    with no problems, but I also don't tuck. The Supertuk does block access to the back right pocket, but, that is what I want,
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Although not a supertuck, I use an SHTFgear Ace1. (Better IMHO) Anyway the gun is at about 3:30-4:00 and I moved my wallet to my back left pocket. That did the trick for comfort and ease of getting out my wallet.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links