Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!!

This is a discussion on Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok...so I've got my Crossbreed Supertuck and love it. It's comfy, good retention, does good concealing my full size M&P, etc.... no complaints from me.... ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!!

Calling all Crossbreed Supertuck users!!!

ok...so I've got my Crossbreed Supertuck and love it. It's comfy, good retention, does good concealing my full size M&P, etc....

no complaints from me....

but...since I just finally got my CHL from Texas (took a while), I'm only now getting to wear it out into the "real world"...and finding some real world issues. (ie...if I wear it about 4:00 over my right kidney, then getting the wallet out isn't very smooth or easy).

so.......I'm still playing with the location, cant, etc. I really thought I liked the 4:00 area over my kidney. I got all dressed like going to work (dockers, and button down shirt and did the tuck in) and wasn't sure this was going to be the place after all. It worked great in jeans and shorts around the house, but actually tucking in with dockers didn't work as well there. However, 3:00 worked pretty well with those. Just trying to find the "sweet spot" that works for everything and I'm not there yet. I am committed to carrying as often as possible, but if I do so at work, it will have to be undetectable. I've got the velcro clips too, but haven't used them yet. (thought I'd find the sweet spot with the normal ones before going more "advanced"

so for those of you that use the supertuck, do you find you change positions based on whether you wear jeans, shorts, or dockers? and for my sake and all the new supertuck users (because I know there's a bunch of them lately), maybe we could all post where we have the front and back clip as well as a picture with you tucked in (if you do) and your shirt lifted enough to see it where it is worn???

I know it's alot to ask...but I'm sure it would be beneficial to many of us...and who knows....maybe help some of you that have been wearing it for a long time find a "sweeter" position

tomorrow when I get the camera, I'll post my setup too.
    thanks in advance!!!!
    FOM
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

2. Remove Ads

What you stated in your post is normal. I find it's easier to carry without tucking the shirt in.... when I tuck my shirt in I have to move the holster more to my front so the grip on the gun don't "poke" out my shirt. I also have to leave bit more shirt out compared to tightly tucking my shirt in..

Now that I have a J frame, when I have to tuck in my shirt I just pocket carry..

hope this helps, congrats on buying a great holster
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

maddog....
    I'm not having a problem with the grip so much as the waistline buldge. I don't tuck tightly...in fact...hate tucking in shirts...so I try to leave plenty of "fluff" around the waistline. so....that part is great...just doing what I've always done...no one will suspect anything in that aspect....

it's just the "hump"/"buldge"/etc that sticks out of the waist. I guess that too was the difference with jeans and shorts...they weren't as "fitting" as the dockers. They are much more casual and maybe even on the "relaxed" fit. I've played with depth and cant and location all too...just trying to find the best spot. was hoping others might share their "details".

I can't carry from 3 to 5 o'clock; to skinny to hide it well. I carry at 1-2:30 as I've found this the best position for my body type. I carry a XD45 Service model all day. I have a desk job and having it on all day doesn't bother me a bit. An extremely comfortable IWB holster. I carry in this position no matter what pants I'm wearing. Loose over shirts with a t-shirt (usually black) tucked over the weapon.

I usually wear mine about 3:30 when I'm dressed casually. When I've had to tuck my shirt, which has only been a couple of occasions, I think I wore it a little more towards 4:00. I didn't need to change the cant or anything.

After I started carrying, I started carrying my wallet in the left rear pocket (I'm right-handed). I got used to that real quick, and I no longer have to worry about printing when reaching for the wallet.

How pronounced is the "bump/bulge" really? When I first started carrying, I imagined every tiny little hint of the grip printing was a neon sign pointing at my gun. It ain't the case, and you get over it.

Also, what kind of belt are you using? If you're not using a belt designed for carrying, or at least close to one in thickness and rigidity, the belt won't hold the gun snug to your body, leading to more risk of printing and even some discomfort.

-JT

I'm 6'3", 180 lbs and I carry at 3:00 with about 20 degrees of cant. I carry in the same spot every day so the draw is always the same.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have some issues with my back, carrying at 4:00 starts to hurt after about an hour or so. I've found that 3:00 works well for me. It doesn't bother my back, and if I do have to tuck in a shirt (very rare) the grip does not print so much when I sit.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Your body is going to have to get used to your wearing the holster, and for the leather to form to your body. I have a discernible "dent" in my lower right back where the holster and grip sits after a year of wearing one.

The proper bet is crucial as well.

You will probably spend about 3 weeks adjusting the cant and height getting it mostly comfortable for day to day wear. I found that wearing the clothing that I wear most (work clothes) even on my off time helped a lot.

Give it time, you will find the sweet spot.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I carry mine above my wallet on the right side. Once you get use to it you can reach for wallet with out printing, One reason I carry there is in case I do get snuck up on and told to give them my wallet It will look like I'm going for the wallet when in fact I'm drawing my gun. I never dress where I have to tuck shirt in , if I do I always wear a cover shirt unbutton or light coat.........
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    After I started carrying, I started carrying my wallet in the left rear pocket (I'm right-handed). I got used to that real quick, and I no longer have to worry about printing when reaching for the wallet.
    and I may have to switch to this because I really liked the 4:00 position. the issue wasn't printing with the wallet....actually, the wallet kind of helped hide the "buldge" in the waistband when tucked.

How pronounced is the "bump/bulge" really? When I first started carrying, I imagined every tiny little hint of the grip printing was a neon sign pointing at my gun. It ain't the case, and you get over it.
    I'm sure I'm making more out of it than it actually is. But my wife was also looking trying to help me find the best spot and she commented on it too. again...it's not the grip of the gun that's printing. I've got the cant taking care of that. it's just the gun inself inside of my belt and dockers that makes a little bit of an unusual "bump/buldge" on the waistline that is the issue.

Also, what kind of belt are you using? If you're not using a belt designed for carrying, or at least close to one in thickness and rigidity, the belt won't hold the gun snug to your body, leading to more risk of printing and even some discomfort.
    using a comptac gunbelt. I don't think there are any issues there.

BUZZGUM......
    thank you VERY much!!! that's what I was looking for. your information and the pictures are very helpful!! where do you have your clips?? I'm guessing very little forward cant caused by the clips with where you are wearing it??

any more??? what buzzgum did was more what I had in mind. I actually found a thread over on the XD forum (no I don't have an XD), called "lift your shirt" that showed quite a few guys showing where and how they actually wore their supertuck. It's very helpful to actually see.... you know...the old saying....a picture is worth a thousand words...well....it's true!

NEXT.....

I carry mine at 4:ish no matter what I am wearing. I did wear it at about 2:00 for a while and noticed that wen I bent over to do something or sat more erect it hurt my thigh.

When I tuck I do have to blouse out my shirt a little more, I just have to remember to do it on both sides to look even and not so noticeable. When I tuck my shirt I will always be wearing a black belt, cause it is usually a funeral or wedding, so my clips blend in with the belt.
    Attached Images
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerdd2 View Post
    I carry mine above my wallet on the right side. Once you get use to it you can reach for wallet with out printing, One reason I carry there is in case I do get snuck up on and told to give them my wallet It will look like I'm going for the wallet when in fact I'm drawing my gun.......

another reason I liked that location....but I sure had a bit of a struggle trying to fish my wallet out when the muzzle of my gun was directly over the top of it!

Thanks paco!!

Quote Originally Posted by fisherofman View Post
    Thanks paco!!
    I forgot to mention that I don't carry my wallet there. I actually use a business card holder as a wallet and it is in the front pocket. When I started traveling all over the World I decided the back pocket was too easy to pick, but I'd feel a hand going in the front pocket .
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I understand what you are going through, I just received mine the other day, and I"m trying to figure out what works best for me.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links