Defensive Carry banner

Looking for a SW99C holster

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  torrejon224 
#1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

I'm new here, and looking for a holster, perhaps you can help me:

I have a SW99 compact (9mm) and looking for a IWB holster, with blet loops (so my shirts won't tear...) and a thumb break (so my gun wont fall out at work, i work at high places sometimes), but i want it to be as slim as possible.

I have such a holster in leather from a local store, that is too thick and it makes it too bulky and uncomfortable to me.

Perhaps Kydex? Naylon?

Any ideas? (links will also be nice :wink: )

#4 ·
Talk to Erik (MNBurl) over at Side Guard, he might be able to add a thumb break to one of his holsters.

Based on the photos on his site, his leather looks like its more on the thin end of leather holsters (not like a reinforced mouthed holster or the real heavy leather outfits like Galco seem to prefer).

Even with Kydex I don't think you're going to get much thinner.

You might also look at the Fist holsters FIST, INC. They used to offer what they called "Ultra thin Kydex" (I don't currently find a reference to it on their site) apparently they have a thumb brake as an add on option.

I just ordered a Double Clip holster from Side Guard for my SW99c, so I'll shoot some good pics of it and post a detailed review when it gets in (no pressure Erik :D ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.