Christmas money well spent... Beltman

This is a discussion on Christmas money well spent... Beltman within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered two Beltman belts back on December 2nd. They arrived today, January 16th. Well worth the wait and some of the best-spent Christmas money ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas money well spent... Beltman

Christmas money well spent... Beltman

I ordered two Beltman belts back on December 2nd. They arrived today, January 16th. Well worth the wait and some of the best-spent Christmas money ever!

I got the 1-1/4" width, bullhide, velcro insert, seven holes, in black and brown with the nickel buckles.

I thought my old belt was thick...

Like a wet noodle!

Now this is STIFF!

Yes, I am holding it outright just as I am my old belt in the photo above.

It makes such a difference, holding everything up and in place, and really comfortable, too. I recommend at least two for everyone!

More pics later with it on and a couple of carry methods.

2. Remove Ads

nice looking belt......
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Very nice, they're great belts that make a big difference. Worth the cost IMHO.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

dang, that's the best way to show how good their belts really are, nice job!!
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Question about the 7 hole configuration. How did you choose a size when getting it cut for 7 holes? I mean they're 3/4" apart so did you order to get the sizing 3/4" larger than what you'd get with 5 holes or did you order smaller so the next hole up is 1/4" smaller?

Let me give an example. Wear belt at 37" hole on a standard 5 hole beltman belt. Wear 38" hole when IWB. Did you order 37" so the next hole was 37 3/4"? did you order 38" so you had 37 1/4" at the next hole down from 38"? Did you order 36" so you had 36 3/4" > 37 1/2"?

Basically 38" is a bit loose for OWB but a bit tight for IWB. How should I plan to order if I wanted 7 holes?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Your dilemma is why I wear a wilderness tactical 5 stitch belt :)
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    Your dilemma is why I wear a wilderness tactical 5 stitch belt :)
    I have one and don't like it. Digs into my sides. Leather is much more comfortable on a belt.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Question about the 7 hole configuration. How did you choose a size when getting it cut for 7 holes? I mean they're 3/4" apart so did you order to get the sizing 3/4" larger than what you'd get with 5 holes or did you order smaller so the next hole up is 1/4" smaller?

Let me give an example. Wear belt at 37" hole on a standard 5 hole beltman belt. Wear 38" hole when IWB. Did you order 37" so the next hole was 37 3/4"? did you order 38" so you had 37 1/4" at the next hole down from 38"? Did you order 36" so you had 36 3/4" > 37 1/2"?

Basically 38" is a bit loose for OWB but a bit tight for IWB. How should I plan to order if I wanted 7 holes?
    I didn't take any of that into consideration. I just ordered an inch larger than the length I needed, 39" for in the waistband, and ordered the 7 holes for more adjustability. I let the Beltman do the rest.

As it sits right now, I use the third hole from the end, which leaves me four more for when I lose a couple inches or more off my gut come spring time.

If you go to the Beltman's Web site, there is a section for frequently asked questions, and he tells all about proper sizing and the difference between 5 holes and 7 holes.

Last edited by ccwguy; January 16th, 2009 at 11:53 PM.

Those are great belts and will do the job for many years.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I have one on order - should be arriving anytime.

I actually need another belt after that, I was planning to see how I liked the first before ordering the second, but given the wait times and rave reviews maybe I'll just go ahead and order the 2nd.

Got one on order myself can not wait til it arrives.

did you beltman guys get the internal stiffner, or is it needed? I am about to order one, so wanted to know. thnx
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    did you beltman guys get the internal stiffner, or is it needed? I am about to order one, so wanted to know. thnx
    I did not get the internal stiffener because I got the velcro insert option instead. You cannot get both. I want to use some of the holsters with the velcro clips for ultimate concealment.

For me, and from the way the belt stays straight when it is held outright as in the photo, it doesn't seem necessary. I carry a Colt New Agent in the appendix position or a S&W 1911Sc at about 4 o'clock. Both are very light guns. If you are going to be wearing a heavy gun, however, you may need the stiffener.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwguy View Post
    I didn't take any of that into consideration. I just ordered an inch larger than the length I needed, 39" for in the waistband, and ordered the 7 holes for more adjustability. I let the Beltman do the rest.

As it sits right now, I use the third hole from the end, which leaves me four more for when I lose a couple inches or more off my gut come spring time.

If you go to the Beltman's Web site, there is a section for frequently asked questions, and he tells all about proper sizing and the difference between 5 holes and 7 holes.
    I read that but if you order 5 holes and order for 37" you get holes set at 35" > 36" > 37" > 38" > 39"

If you order 7 holes for 37" you get 34.75" > 35.5" > 36.25" > 37" > 37.75" > 38.5" > 39.25"

If you order 7 holes for 36" you get 33.75" > 34.5" > 35.25" > 36" > 36.75" > 37.5" > 38.25"

If you order 7 holes for 38" you get 35.75" > 36.5" > 37.25" > 38" > 38.75" > 39.5" > 40.25"

Do you see what I mean? If 38" is a bit loose and 37" is a bit tight do you want 37.75"? 37.5"? 37.25"? How do you determine which is the best option?
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    I ordered my belt in Shark which has the internal stiffiner by default. It does add a bit of thickness to the belt though.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links