IWB holster recommendation XD9Sub

This is a discussion on IWB holster recommendation XD9Sub within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like many others I need a IWB holster recommendation. Primary carry weapon is a Springfield XD9 subcompact My job doesn't allow me to carry and ...

Thread: IWB holster recommendation XD9Sub

IWB holster recommendation XD9Sub

Like many others I need a IWB holster recommendation.

Primary carry weapon is a Springfield XD9 subcompact

My job doesn't allow me to carry and I tend to bounce around to different locations so I am always on the go.
    I'm looking for something that I cant take on and off easily and secure my weapon in my vehicle.

I like the Crossbreed Supertuck but am unsure how easily it would be to put on and take of multiple times a day with their belt hooks.
    I also like how the Supertuck allows for shirts to be tucked in.

I have a Don Hume Clip-On Inside The Waistband Holster H715 on order now but it's going to be 5 weeks or more before I get it.
    I felt the clip on type holster would be the easiest to put on and take off.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Regards

2. Remove Ads

if your gonna go clip, take a look at dm bullard. He usually has some made for the xdsc. I have one and like the 30deg apprx cant. I tried crossbreed, but the top of the leather tended to jab me in the bottom of the ribs. Also, these are thick guns, so kindof a pain. I am stricly OWB now. Had the "slide" made from SIdeguard holsters and love it. Also, the good thing about the doubleclip bullard, is that you can move the clips and wear it OWB if needed. good luck
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Nice looking holster.
    Do you feel like the double clip would be easy to remove and put on multiple times per day? I haven't seriously considered a double clip due to how often I may be putting it on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
    Nice looking holster.
    Do you feel like the double clip would be easy to remove and put on multiple times per day? I haven't seriously considered a double clip due to how often I may be putting it on and off.
    It's pretty quick.
    Biggest advantage, double clips are off the fattest part of gun/holster.
    Better concealment and stability.
    Inherent flaw of single clip holsters is that clip is generally right on already thickest part, adds significantly to thickness.

That's a Bullard Dual Carry in avatar.
    I changed to Comp-Tac kydex clips from the metal ones, but the metal ones are fine.

- OS

maybe something like this...

JS IWB Holster
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

I can't help you with the question of how easy it is to get a double clip on and off during the day as I've not had mine long enough to tell. But, if you are thinking about the Super-Tuck you might want to consider this one - KHolster.com It's a bit less expensive so it might be worthwhile for a try-out. Mine works great with my XD9sc - comfortable so far. If you're interested, send me a PM. I got a code with my order that I can give you to get 10% off. My order arrived in one week and Jimmy at KHolster.com made a mod to the holster to accept an Armalaser RSS.

Try lookin at a BH2 from RickWaltnerHolsters. quick on and off, great fit.
    c
    Obama used "hope" and "change" to win the presidency.... Benjamin Franklin wrote in Poor Richard's Almanac, "He that lives upon Hope will die fasting." On change, John Adams wrote, "A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

RTO
    I strongly suggest the crossbreed supertuck, I purchased one about a month ago for my xd45 and I am amazed at how comfortable it is, even when carry for 12 or 13 hours straight, I also purchased a belt from them at the same time, and that was also very good quality.

UBG Canute. This holster is beautiful!!!! Amazing quality and great price. I believe he is only 3-5 weeks out on orders too. I have the one with the snaps but I think he has it available with the clips.
    To whom much is given, much is required. Luke 12:48

The don Humes is a great inexspensive holster Quick on & off I use one and have no problems at all STAY SAFE H/D

VIP Member
    I'd go with an UBG Canute. Hey wait... I just did!
    I ordered one for my XDm.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I love my Crossbreed, but it is not quick or convenient to put on/take off. If I know I've got to remove it a few times a day, I switch to a Blackhawk CQC Leather Detachable Slide. But it's not IWB.... guess I'm not a lot of help!
    Last edited by caffeine; January 18th, 2009 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Edit to remove shameless advertising link that I didn't intend to put in!

Thanks for everyone's input. I can see where people could easily spend more money on holsters than the guns in the long run.
    So many great choices.

I know there are a lot of Supertuck fans here.
    Has anyone tried the CrossBreed QwikClip IWB?

Any thoughts on that?

I'm leaning towards the Supertuck but I keep going back to the Bullard Dual Carry which has really caught my eye.

Links