Crossbreed Supertuck Problem - Super-Bad-Untuck

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Supertuck Problem - Super-Bad-Untuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I noticed that some of you are more well fed and that the supertuck really "sucks" the gun into you. I have a problem that ...

Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck Problem - Super-Bad-Untuck

Crossbreed Supertuck Problem - Super-Bad-Untuck

I noticed that some of you are more well fed and that the supertuck really "sucks" the gun into you. I have a problem that I can't seem to beat. Every time I sit down and then stand up, my shirt rides up on the butt of the gun and then bulges out to every one. I mean its so bad that anybody can tell that I have something rather large attached to my body. I carry at the 4 and 3 o'clock position. (Which is another problem, I cant get the holster to stay at the 3 o'clock position. It keeps sliding back to the 4 and stops because that is where the pants have a belt loop.) I am 6'2" and 170 pounds. I find that tucking my shirt in conceals the gun BETTER than if I don't tuck in, mainly because of the ride up situation. I normally do not tuck in my shirt. I have a glock 23. I have a high quality 1.5 inch, thick, stable gun belt. My positions on the holster are, when looking at the front (kydex facing you, muzzle down, right handed holster, clip positions starting with top hole identified as 1 and bottom hole identified as 4) Left clip, position 2, right clip, position 1.

Now my questions.
    1. How can I prevent my shirt from riding up when untucked
    2. How can I keep my holster in the 3 o'clock position.

I have a rather big cant on the holster. Maybe if I bring it back and the shirt wont snag on the butt? Any thoughts?

On a positive note, the holster is extremely comfy on my bare skin.

2. Remove Ads

Whenever I get up from a sitting position I just check my shirt to make sure it didn't ride up,same as getting out of a car,you know it has a tendency to do it so get in the habit of just pulling your shirt down
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. How can I keep my holster in the 3 o'clock position.
    I had the same problem with my SuperTuck. I fixed it by ordering some Velcro clips from Crossbreed and purchasing a Velcro lined belt from Beltman (Crossbreed makes them too). While I was waiting on my new belt I purchased some adhesive Velcro striping and stuck it to the inside of the belt I was using at that time. That was good enough to hold me over while waiting for my new belt to come in.

The Velcro setup is THE way to go, trust me. My holster never shifts at all from the 3:00 position now. Well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    I had the same problem with my SuperTuck. I fixed it by ordering some Velcro clips from Crossbreed and purchasing a Velcro lined belt from Beltman (Crossbreed makes them too). While I was waiting on my new belt I purchased some adhesive Velcro striping and stuck it to the inside of the belt I was using at that time. That was good enough to hold me over while waiting for my new belt to come in.

The Velcro setup is THE way to go, trust me. My holster never shifts at all from the 3:00 position now. Well worth the money.
    I am 6' 3", 170 lbs and I agree with Herzog 100%. I carry right at 3 oclock. I hav ethe foward clip in the second from the top hole and the back clip in the bottom hole (lots of cant) and don't have any issues with my shirt riding up.

You might try a looser fitting shirt. I have a couple shirts that fit me good through the chest and shoulders but are looser fitting at the bottom. Not only does help them not ride up but I can draw faster because the shirts are easier to pull up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would look at your clothing choices first. As far as the carry position goes, there is most likely a good reason why the holster wants to ride at 4:00...your body is flat there and that is where it will carry best for many people.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Whenever I get up from a sitting position I just check my shirt to make sure it didn't ride up,same as getting out of a car,you know it has a tendency to do it so get in the habit of just pulling your shirt down
    +1 It is just second nature to do this after carrying for so long.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    I wedge the holster clips around belt loops so it is under tension. i.e. one clip in front of the 2:30 loop, and one behind the 5:00 loop. The rig stays put for me...

I still am not super happy with the bulge when i tuck in a dress shirt. Still working on it.
    Last edited by nutz4utwo; January 20th, 2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: clip to loop clarification

First you NEED a good belt. Keep your good belt (www.thebeltman.net) tight and this will keep your IWB holster in place.Hope this helps. Stay Safe..J.H.

[QUOTE=maddy345;990221]I am 6' 3", 170 lbs and I agree with Herzog 100%. I carry right at 3 oclock. I hav ethe foward clip in the second from the top hole and the back clip in the bottom hole (lots of cant) and don't have any issues with my shirt riding up. QUOTE]

I would like to carry like that, but I carry at 4-4:30 When I adjust it to have a lot of cant, the bottom part of the leather digs in my waist. But when the are on both the bottom holes, no real problems. I'm thinking about cutting the excess leather. Any other problems like this?
    "Manners are good when one may have to back up his actions with his life" Robert Heinlein"

So tuck the shirt? It is called a SuperTUCK for a reason no?
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

So tuck the shirt? It is called a SuperTUCK for a reason no?
    FWIW I never tuck with my Super"tuck". Just too inconvenient when nature calls. I'm looking into a Kel-tec P3AT for my deep cover needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    FWIW I never tuck with my Super"tuck". Just too inconvenient when nature calls. I'm looking into a Kel-tec P3AT for my deep cover needs.
    Just offering a suggestion in my post. I wouldnt tuck either. Mine is a P11
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I guess this shows why there are so many kinds of holsters out there. We're all different and finding what works is a very personal journey. I should be getting my Kahr PM9 in a few days and already ordered a couple of holsters to start my journey. I expect a supertuck will be part of the process eventually.

Thanks guys. I am playing around with different hole positions (no jokes please) and will let you know what works best.
    There is some good advice in here!

Links