Need help finding a Fanny Pack for running/biking.

This is a discussion on Need help finding a Fanny Pack for running/biking. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I once came across a carry fanny pack that was designed for runners/cyclers but have not been able to find it again. Of course it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help finding a Fanny Pack for running/biking.

I once came across a carry fanny pack that was designed for runners/cyclers but have not been able to find it again. Of course it had a pocket for your weapon and was worn behind you in the small of the back. This particular fanny pack had a canted water bottle holder on the weak hand side. Anyone have any information on it?

VIP Member
    I personally prefer Kawke.

Hawkepaks.com, Inc. for EMS, PPE supplies
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfWar View Post
    I once came across a carry fanny pack that was designed for runners/cyclers but have not been able to find it again. Of course it had a pocket for your weapon and was worn behind you in the small of the back. This particular fanny pack had a canted water bottle holder on the weak hand side. Anyone have any information on it?

Howdy Ghost,
    I've been carrying concealed in a fanny pack for years. I'm disabled from a spine and joint disease. Because of this I can't carry a wallet in my back pocket, so I carry it in a Concealed Carry Fanny Pack. I also carry a small sharpening stone for my pocket knife, a small flash light, my medication, extra ammo and a couple other things in my fanny pack.
    A fanny pack is a great way to conceal a firearm. It's always right there in front of you when you need it. Most have a emergency cord built in to them. If you ever need your gun fast, you just pull the cord and it opens the fanny pack where your gun is. It's very quick.
    You'll find some people who will tease you and tell you a fanny pack isn't cool. That doesn't bother me at all, I left high school years ago and I really don't care what some people think is cool or un-cool. I do what works well for me and don't care what others think. However, a couple of my friends have teased me in the past and when I show them why I wear the fanny pack ( because of the concealed carry compartment ) they all of a sudden think it's COOL.
    I just wore out a leather fanny pack, so I ordered this one today Leather Concealed Carry Fanny Pack . I liked it because it has a spot for my credit cards.
    These fanny packs are great for touring, sight seeing, camping, motorcycle riding, hiking and life in general.
    Hope this helps.

JT

My last fanny pack was stock # 400L-3LG ( Large Leather Fanny Pack ). Concealed Weapon Fanny Packs and it served me well for many years of everyday use.

JT

I still have the canvas one I bought from WalMart for hiking several years ago. I used to be more into hiking and cave exploring back then. I also used to wear it when fishing.

I'd stay away from the fanny packs that have velcro. Velcro works great when it's new, but as it wears it doesn't hold shut very good.
    The Leather Fanny Packs with zippers and an emergency pull cord work the best.

JT

Check out Camelback's Goblin. Here's a review that I found on here of it - http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...on-review.html
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    Check out Camelback's Goblin. Here's a review that I found on here of it - http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...on-review.html

Although they are very nice looking packs, I still have a problem with the velcro. Velcro doesn't stick very well after a while ,and I wouldn't want my gun falling out.
    Also, I like to wear my fanny pack out front. This way in an emergency you don't have to fumble around trying to get your gun out from behind you, it's right there in front of you. Having it out front also protects it from pic pockets in large crouds.
    Here's a pic of me wearing my concealed carry fanny pack. That wide black belt is a back brace. I have a real bad back and can't ride my motorcycle without it.

JT

Thanks for all the help, but I am looking for a specific fanny pack that I described. I would only be using it while running and biking. Thats why I'm looking for this "sport fanny pack". If anyone has any good sites that have a lot of different fanny packs that would be a big help.

Anyone have any idea??

Maxpedition Versa-packs. I use mine for everything outdoors. I still like to use my holsters, but if I need a man-purse/bugout bag they fit the bill.
    Join the NRA and Gun Owners of America.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfWar View Post
    Anyone have any idea??
    Is this what you are looking for? CamelBak Stamina I Fanny Pack from Campmor Yes I know it doesn't have a "pocket/holster" for a gun, but just maybe the unit you are looking for didn't as well?

In any case, it wouldn't be a big deal to find the pack you want and get a nylon holster you want and just "hook and loop" the two together, after all most gun packs are as simply made as that, with a added fast open device of some short.

Using a Safepacker with the optional Runner's Pack fits the description.

Life Member: Grass Roots North Carolina, GOA | Member: NRA
    Carrying: Springfield Armory XD(M) .40 S&W | Kel-Tec PF9

I Googled and searched everywhere and found either Concealed Carry fanny Packs or Fanny Packs withy an angled water bottle but one that combined both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Monkey View Post
    Using a Safepacker with the optional Runner's Pack fits the description.

I use this set-up for hiking, backpacking and trail running and it still looks almost new after 4 years of heavy use. I like the way it combines velcro for fast opening with the clip for security and the slot for an extra magazine.

Oh yeah...Go Cocks!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links