Leg carry??

Leg carry??

This is a discussion on Leg carry?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New to forum and wanted to get your advise. I am looking at getting a new gun to be a secondary carry. I work outside ...

Thread: Leg carry??

Leg carry??

New to forum and wanted to get your advise. I am looking at getting a new gun to be a secondary carry. I work outside (wear jeans & boots) and am looking for recommendations for gun/holster to be worn under pants leg.

What would you guys pick?

Many thanks!

there are many different types/brands of ankle holsters on the market. i use the galco brand. they hold up the best over time. i have tried many different brands and hand made ones also. galco has held up the best. with boots you will need a boot extender for the ankle holster. the holster dealer/brand will have them. don't go cheap with the ankle holster, go for a good name brand.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Lead Moderator
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

If you are talking cowboy type boots, I use a Kel-tek with the clip in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster. I just clip it to the top of the boot on the left inside and pull my jeans over it.

The boots I usually wear are either Wolverine lace up or a high hiking boot. I took a look at the Gould & Goodrich Boot Lock....but I dont think I could get my pants to slide over both my boot and the gun/holster.

My recommendation is to abandon the leg carry idea. You didn't tell us how you carry your primary weapon. It's best to have your BUG in a quicker and more convenient location for accessibility on draw. Pocket carry of a small auto or J-frame type revolver is the most common BUG carry I know of, have you considered this?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

VIP Member
    I think the best is the Alessi Ankle Holster but they are hard to get. Second to that is the Galco Ankle Glove, available and a very good ankle holster.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

My primary rides between the seat cushions of the truck. Yep, not the best place if/when I get out of the truck. It's a sig 229 and I could never get use to it on my side. I do a lot of moving, bending, etc... while working and never liked the position. But in the truck is a bad place for it to be if I need it. Figured I'd look at the ankle because it might not be in the way there. I hear you on the "get it out quick"....but right now I have nothing on

Links