Shoulder rig?

This is a discussion on Shoulder rig? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Galco rig never balances. It isn't designed to with single or double mags. If you think about it , when using a two mag ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoulder rig?

The Galco rig never balances. It isn't designed to with single or double mags. If you think about it , when using a two mag setup you have a gun on the other side with a mag in it. Unless the gun weighs the same as a single mag it doesn't balance.
    That said, it doesn't have to. The weight of each side is borne by the respective shoulder. I have used the Galco rigs for 1911s, Glocks, and revolvers. Very comfortable, durable, and secure.

The executive is simply a half harness made of calf skin. The standard half harness works just as well and is "half" the price.
    I wear under an aloha shirt or a Dickie type work shirt.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Old Padawan View Post
    The Galco rig never balances. It isn't designed to with single or double mags. If you think about it , when using a two mag setup you have a gun on the other side with a mag in it. Unless the gun weighs the same as a single mag it doesn't balance.
    That said, it doesn't have to. The weight of each side is borne by the respective shoulder. I have used the Galco rigs for 1911s, Glocks, and revolvers. Very comfortable, durable, and secure.

The executive is simply a half harness made of calf skin. The standard half harness works just as well and is "half" the price.
    I wear under an aloha shirt or a Dickie type work shirt.
    Thanks! I greatly appreciate the advice. I don't want to end up with the proverbial "drawer full of holsters" trying to find the right one.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Another alternative is the standard Miami rig with the mag pouch removed and a simple tie down added instead. The Half Harness works well with a lighter gun. The Miami will accommodate any gun.

just bought a second Galco Miami - great holster for my Glock 22 and am looking forward to putting my XDm in the new one (only single mag pouch on this one though). Very durable, easy to wear.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I plan to get an "Executive" harness from Galco for my H&K USP compact 45. I'm trying to decide whether to use the horizontal S3H or the vertical VHS holster.

Any help from an experienced user would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks
    I gave up on the horizontal; sweeping everybody behind me makes me uncomfortable; thought of carrying with empty chamber but it goes against my training ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Thanks! I greatly appreciate the advice. I don't want to end up with the proverbial "drawer full of holsters" trying to find the right one.
    You will end up with the proverbial "drawer full of holsters"

We all do eventually
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Nobody has mentioned the one that works best for me (And is down right popular) and that's the Andrews Leather Monarch. Mine can be quickly changed to carry 1911, snubnose, two mags, two speed loaders and other options available like Gerber Mk II, handcuff case, 10 mag carrier, moon clip carrier, weak side J frame back up, you name it.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links