Defensive Carry banner

Shoulder rig?

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  ELCruisr 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I need some recommendations for a shoulder holster for a Rossi 46202 .357.

It's a 2" barrel 6 shot that's the same size as a S&W "K" frame.

I'm a southpaw, so available in left hand, or an ambi' rig, leather or synthetic.

#2 ·
See if you can score an Alessi, they are the best (IMHO). Lou Alessi has perfected the shoulder rig and all others are just variations on his theme. I have seen some nice used ones but expect to pay $$ because quality isn't cheap.

Something like this but for a snubbie:

#3 ·
Well I just got in a Galco Classic Lite today, and am wearing it now. I will let you know in a week or so how it is going to work out.

I don't think they make one specifically for the Rossi, I doubt you will find many shoulder rigs for your model gun, but I am sure it is about the same size as some revolver they make one for.

#13 ·
BCCL, I also had questions about shoulder rigs and the forum was very helpful.
http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...tions/66827-shoulder-carry-rig-questions.html

I actually decided on a Miami Classic in black for my M&P40.
Shopping around different on-line vendors I found Optics Planet to have the best price of all. And their staff was very helpful with the questions I had.
They also are a site vendor and have their ad at the footer of the site.
Hope to have it shortly and add into the holster rotation after some training with it.

#20 ·
I plan to get an "Executive" harness from Galco for my H&K USP compact 45. I'm trying to decide whether to use the horizontal S3H or the vertical VHS holster.

Any help from an experienced user would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks
I gave up on the horizontal; sweeping everybody behind me makes me uncomfortable; thought of carrying with empty chamber but it goes against my training ...

Thanks! I greatly appreciate the advice. I don't want to end up with the proverbial "drawer full of holsters" trying to find the right one.
You will end up with the proverbial "drawer full of holsters"

We all do eventually :image035:

#16 ·
The Galco rig never balances. It isn't designed to with single or double mags. If you think about it , when using a two mag setup you have a gun on the other side with a mag in it. Unless the gun weighs the same as a single mag it doesn't balance.
That said, it doesn't have to. The weight of each side is borne by the respective shoulder. I have used the Galco rigs for 1911s, Glocks, and revolvers. Very comfortable, durable, and secure.

The executive is simply a half harness made of calf skin. The standard half harness works just as well and is "half" the price.
I wear under an aloha shirt or a Dickie type work shirt.

#19 ·
just bought a second Galco Miami - great holster for my Glock 22 and am looking forward to putting my XDm in the new one (only single mag pouch on this one though). Very durable, easy to wear.

#21 ·
Nobody has mentioned the one that works best for me (And is down right popular) and that's the Andrews Leather Monarch. Mine can be quickly changed to carry 1911, snubnose, two mags, two speed loaders and other options available like Gerber Mk II, handcuff case, 10 mag carrier, moon clip carrier, weak side J frame back up, you name it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.