Kahr P45

Kahr P45

This is a discussion on Kahr P45 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a quick search of the threads and couldnt find an answer to my question, so here it is. I recently purchased a Kahr ...

Thread: Kahr P45

Kahr P45

I did a quick search of the threads and couldnt find an answer to my question, so here it is.

I recently purchased a Kahr P45 - and I love it. I am really getting frustrated with the lack of holsters that list the P45 as an "exact fit". I have a Galco PLE paddle for one of my other pistols and I love it.

Galco offers this holster for most of the other Kahr models, but not specifically the P45.

I dont like buying generic holsters - I like a nice tight exact fit. Does anyone have experience with the P45 as far as holster fit. For example, will I get a good fit with the P45 in a holster that is designed for a P40 or any of the other Kahr pistols?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by piper451 View Post
    I did a quick search of the threads and couldnt find an answer to my question, so here it is.

I recently purchased a Kahr P45 - and I love it. I am really getting frustrated with the lack of holsters that list the P45 as an "exact fit". I have a Galco PLE paddle for one of my other pistols and I love it.

Galco offers this holster for most of the other Kahr models, but not specifically the P45.

I dont like buying generic holsters - I like a nice tight exact fit. Does anyone have experience with the P45 as far as holster fit. For example, will I get a good fit with the P45 in a holster that is designed for a P40 or any of the other Kahr pistols?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My fav maker, David Bullard, makes pretty exacting fits on his designs, and shows only the CW45 and P45 as exact same holster fit on both his IWB and OWB models.

All the other Kahr models have their own or shared holsters different from these.

- OS

I have heard good things about Bullard. I contacted him back in October about a Bodyguard for the P45. He said it was in the works, but he had not actually produced one yet.

I see on his website he has the bodyguard listed for the P45 but no picture. I would order one tonight if I was sure it wouldnt be 6 months before it showed up on my doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by piper451 View Post
    I have heard good things about Bullard. I contacted him back in October about a Bodyguard for the P45. He said it was in the works, but he had not actually produced one yet.

I see on his website he has the bodyguard listed for the P45 but no picture. I would order one tonight if I was sure it wouldnt be 6 months before it showed up on my doorstep.
    I have never had to wait more than a week on any of the 4 holsters he's made for me. Far as I know, nothing he makes takes too long, unless you order custom detailing or exotic skins.

Email or call him, he'll tell you straight.

edit: note that that BodyGuard (I have one for XD) is really only designed to be carried in that one area behind hip,.which is what I wanted. I don't know the paddle model you mentioned but if it was a straight cant, you might like his only slightly canted Combat better; you can add the Bodyguard sweat shield part to it as option. Just a note.

- OS

Sponsored Links