Tiny Versa Max 2?

This is a discussion on Tiny Versa Max 2? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently completed the "break in" period for my Kahr PM9. Planning to start carrying it more, and to get some more leather for it (currently ...

Thread: Tiny Versa Max 2?

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar

Tiny Versa Max 2?

Recently completed the "break in" period for my Kahr PM9. Planning to start carrying it more, and to get some more leather for it (currently have a couple pocket holsters). Though pocket carry is a strong option, I also want possibly a strong side IWB (or even OWB) option.

I find myself wondering if with a gun that small and light, I would benefit to buy a VM2? Not even sure they make one for it, but I suspect they do. Seems like a lot of holster for a little gun though. Maybe I'd be better served by a small clip on IWB? I also plan to get some type of appendix rig for it (I am a big fan of options!).

I have four VM2's for my 1911's, including one for the Micro Compact. Love the holster, just not sure how it'd be with the really small pistol.

Just wanted to hear some others thoughts/opinions.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    While it's not a VMII, I have an HBE Com III for my two Colt Mustangs, I find it to be worth it when I want to carry something small without stuffing it in a pocket.

It's actually become more of my "In the office" rig when I know I'm going to be in the shop most of the time.

When I had my Kahr PM40 I carried it in a Blade-Tech IWB, had I kept the gunt, I could see getting a VMII for it.

VIP Member
    Looking at my VM-IIs it looks like a very small gun with a short barrel would sit too high. I think I'd look for the same design but one that sits deeper in the waistline.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

It's not a VMII, but my PM-9 gets carried in this when I carry it IWB:

I actually think the larger holster or at least the material past the muzzle of the gun is an asset on the small pistols. Because the guns have so little weight forward, the grip with a loaded magazine is the heaviest part of the gun. The extra material of the holster past the muzzle helps push the butt of the gun back into your side and keeps it from wanting to tilt outwards.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    My PM9 rides mostly in a K&D Dakota Defender which is a similar design. While I do pocket carry it a lot usually in a K&D Pocket Defender 2-in-1, for IWB I'm very happy with the Dakota Defender. Another good choice is the High Noon Split Decision. Basically no wait time, low cost and a very nice tuckable IWB. My only beef with the Split Decision is the larger 1.5" (only choice) clip. I'd like to see a velcro or 1 1/4" option on them.

Sponsor
    You might consider a MiniTuck

MiniTuck
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Im wearing my MK9 right now in a VMII.... for me it does sit too high.... but not unbelievably bad...

The VMII sits at the same level as the one CVHoss shows above...if you want a pic of the MK9 in a VMII let me know and Ill take one for ya.....

I will say its comfortable and stays put.... I just prefer a deeper concealment myself (this particular VMII was the first good leather purchase for me awhile back)

Well... decided to go and take some quick pics (lousy resolution due to camera phone.... and yea I need to loose some weight...lol)
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Thanks for all the answers guys, I'll take a good look at each option presented. Double thanks to ReaperVelle, for going the extra mile with shooting pics for the post. Looks like a really nice rig, and I like the high ride. With mine being the plastic version especially, I don't think the top heavy factor would be a big deal. I'll put some thought into each, and as I get the holster(s) I decide on, I'll post them with pics to let y'all know.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Links