Need holster advise!! Help please!!

This is a discussion on Need holster advise!! Help please!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok to make a long story short, Im FAT!! Im 6ft 290lbs Im needing help on deciding on a holster for a para carry that ...

Thread: Need holster advise!! Help please!!

Need holster advise!! Help please!!

Ok to make a long story short, Im FAT!! Im 6ft 290lbs
    Im needing help on deciding on a holster for a para carry that i am gonna buy. I dont have a Big Gut, but my how do i put it, LOVE Handles are rather large!

Help oh everyone with their infinate wisdom!!

Joe

2. Remove Ads

I guess to start with. How do you dress? What is your usual selection of pants, shirt etc. Do you normally tuck in your shirts, or leave them loose untucked. Do you wear suits and ties to work or what.

What type of work do you do, or are you retired? Our individual lives have a great deal to do with how we all carry.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    I'm thinkin' an OWB holster not IWB but depending on your exact build, the "handles" might still push the grip away from your body and cause it to print. You're just going to have to try some on an see.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Similar size and build here. I just picked up a Don Hume OWB for my 1911. It is the most comfortable holster I have found. Great ride and cant at the 9 o'clock position (i'm a lefty). Very little printing with a loose t-shirt.

i wear loose clothing. Mostly tee shirts or Harley Mechanic shirts. The holster has to be comfortable when im on my scooter. I have narrowed it down IWB to 1) Cochise Defender 2) tucker Heritage, or the awnser.Might look at a supertuck
    Gonna look at some OWB holsters this week.

Joe

There are two IWB that I really like M-Tac and Crossbreed Supertuck. Both are very comfortable and decently priced.Also the Dom Hume OWB holster are awesome. Hope you find something that works for you.
    "It is better to judged by 12, Than to be carried by 6"

"You ask me why I carry so much gear??? I ask you why you are not prepared?"

Anything you listed will be great. You'll have to get used to it however. My first choice would be a Supertuck because if you wear it for 2 weeks and don't like it, they will refund you no questions asked. Can't get better than that. They don't have a very long wait either.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I am close to your build. When I started carrying I was 6'2" 290. I have always carried with the Crossbreed supertuck. I normaly where untucked button down shirts and some T-shirts. Have no issues with it at all, even when I have to tuck in my shirt.

Links