Defensive Carry banner

Need Help Deciding

875 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  novalty 
#1 ·
Well after a month or more of intense searching, I have finally narrowed the choice of holster for my new 5906 down to 2. Having been looking at Sam Andrews' MacDaniel II Crossdraw for a little while now, and just recently stumbled across Mark Garrity's Changeling. The only concern I have heard about the MacDaniel II Crossdraw is it shifting a little and the possible need to use 2 belt loops to keep in place. For the Changeling, I have read of extreme wait times. I don't mind waiting 4 months, but not sure I could do much more than that.

Paul

#2 ·
I confess total ignorance about either of those holsters. But I'm really curious as to your analysis that led you to them. What was it about them that you liked, and why?

#3 ·
I've never had an Andrews holster so I don't know much about them, but I can tell you that Mark Garrity does fantastic, top-notch work.

I'm also sorry to tell you that he's apparently way behind and has been hard to get hold of lately. There have been some reports of customers waiting over a year, with no word on the status of their orders.

I guess you've got your mind set on crossdraw, so I don't have any other recommendations for you. Good luck.

#4 ·
User,

The reason I liked the design of the two holsters I mentioned, is their ability to be worn IWB strong side, as well as IWB cross-drawn. As I spend a good deal of time driving, having a strong side IWB tends to be uncomfortable. When I stumbled across the MacDaniel II Crossdraw, I found the adjustability feature a major plus. Both holsters having a reinforced opening, seems to be another advantage with the greater ability to reholster one handed, and both have the ability to be used with two different sized belts. Recently I had came across Mark Garrity's Changeling, and seeing how both holsters appear to be the same price and both of high quality, they seem to be a good fit for my needs.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.