Fanny pack on a motorcycle - Page 3

Fanny pack on a motorcycle

This is a discussion on Fanny pack on a motorcycle within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really own and ride two Harleys. I don't think anybody has ever noticed a fanny pack, camera bags, packs, pouches, my wife's purse or ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fanny pack on a motorcycle

I really own and ride two Harleys. I don't think anybody has ever noticed a fanny pack, camera bags, packs, pouches, my wife's purse or anything else. On most long rides, we always have a couple of camera bags out in the open. My wife wears a fanny pack with her little camera in it and usually a spare J-frame. I carry appendix IWB on the bike, no problem. I'd use whatever works for you and not worry about it.
    If you do want attention, tie three or four cases of beer on your bike. That does get some attention (everybody wants to follow you).....

If you do want attention, tie three or four cases of beer on your bike. That does get some attention (everybody wants to follow you).....

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    You can't flame wearing a fanny pack on a Harley unless you really own and ride one.
    OK, here's mine. I love the open holster. Locks very securely. People ask me if I'm not afraid of being seen transferring the gun to my holster. Nope. We're open carry here, and if I want to change my mind and go concealed, so be it.

Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

OK, here's mine. I love the open holster. Locks very securely. People ask me if I'm not afraid of being seen transferring the gun to my holster. Nope. We're open carry here, and if I want to change my mind and go concealed, so be it.
    Alright then... Guess I better treat you good

Really... nice setup.

wear a vest and station IWB 6:00. If that's you in the image, you're too small to look cool w/ a fanny pack. My wife & daughter destroyed mine for that reason. Tacticool? I'm sorry. I refuse to use or try to understand words that haven't been in at least 3 or 4 annually issued dictionaries. But we all must be true to ourselves first.
    ...And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time,... ...The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Thomas Jefferson

Uh.... you do know that they make fanny packs with a section & holster in it ? Right ? I wasn't sure , so I thought I would mention it. They also make leather jackets with a conceal pocket that could carry a 1911-.45.

Uh.... you do know that they make fanny packs with a section & holster in it ? Right ? I wasn't sure , so I thought I would mention it.
    Yes, It's what the thread is about.

They also make leather jackets with a conceal pocket that could carry a 1911-.45.
    Yes, vests too. e.g. Coronado Leather. Don't really like the carry jacket as if I go inside and take it off I'll no longer be carrying. Thinking of a vest though.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Not much room on my ride: See my earlier post about IWB or inside jacket.

...T. Ray

OK... Guess I'll show you mine.
    Gotta make it to Sturgis this year!

08streetglide.jpg

Greetings!.jpg
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

Jeff, my wife wants me to get a ride like yours. She says the VROD is not comfortable enough. I don't have an issue myself, can't understand what her problem is.

Next bike in my garage will be a Touring model.
    ...T. Ray

my sweety puchased a nice nylon fanny pack made for concealed carry, and we thought the same thing, that everyone knew what it was for, we also ride, and i got the bright idea, put a great big harley patch right on the front of the bag, she is always wearing some harley shirt or coat, and we think it blends right in.

Sounds very sneaky, got pictures?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical
    minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd
    by the clean end"

Quote Originally Posted by big gary View Post
    my sweety puchased a nice nylon fanny pack made for concealed carry, and we thought the same thing, that everyone knew what it was for, we also ride, and i got the bright idea, put a great big harley patch right on the front of the bag, she is always wearing some harley shirt or coat, and we think it blends right in.
    Yeah, ICTsnub mentioned doing that too. I think it's a perfect way to make it blend.

Just FYI guys, I've already ordered a fanny pack from gungear.com I got the small black leather one. It'll fit my PM9 or Glock 27. Put on a couple Harley patches and a couple rally pins and it should blend right in. We'll see.

T.Ray... That's a sweet V-Rod but I hear you about pleasing the wife too. I was on a sporty and sold it for the Street Glide. Even had to add the detachable tour pac/back rest, fairing lowers, and taller windshield. Now I'm spoiled and like 'em too. Sure would still like have a V-Rod Muscle in the garage too though!
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    OK, new rule on this thread...
    You can't flame wearing a fanny pack on a Harley unless you really own and ride one.

ok how about two of them, the Deluxe is going bye bye soon. The EGC is staying.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I used to wear a shoulder holster riding this all the time. I've also carried in a jacket pocket and even a Fobus paddle under a vest while riding...

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links